Front Bumper Dilemma

jaahmez

Basically I’ve spent the past 2 years undecided as to which front bumper to get.

I have the suspension/lift to support any bumper/setup; but I’ve spent the past 3 years riding around with a cracked stock bumper on my 2015.

I need some real solid opinions on bumper, not just”this is a good bumper”

Opinions from people who actually put a bumper to the test, have bounced them off rocks and have done recoveries in all sorts of situations.

Wish there was a full on pro’s and cons chart that basically broke it down Barney style and covered everything from recover points, method the bumper is actually mounted,clearance/approach, weight, winch usability(ability to manage the reel not just have a winch hidden behind a bumper), high lift points ect ect.

The 3 bumpers I am currently considering(in no particular order:

Demello
All-pro apex
Cbi Moab 2.0
Arb deluxe

Looking for :
Full protection/3 loop
Excellent clearance
Strong anchor points
Good winch management
(Solid bumper mounting is a must/given)
(High lift points would be a plus but don’t think most bumpers have dedicated ones)

If anyone can provide inside on the various differences between these bumpers as well(with the exception of ARB, that bumper is kinda in its own realm)

Just looking for the most “capable” bumper if you will.

*sidenote: is there any particular advantage and/or disadvantage to the All-pro Apex bumpers design? How it kind of terminates early and drops straight down before starting again at the skid plate.

What about the “holes/cutout” designs in all
these bumpers; are there advantages or disadvantages in those as well?

Lastly; unless someone can convince me to go with aluminum, I’m pretty sure I’ll be sticking to steel.
From what I’ve seen/read, aluminum just isn’t meant to handle good use. Am I right?
Can you even winch/recover with aluminum?Prove me wrong.

Thanks guys

Back