Front end clicking

Beh1986

Since i put on a 3" lift on the front end i sometimes hear a clicking i believe from the front passenger side. The clicking speeds up as i speed up but goes away as i apply the brake. I did not install a diff drop. I have inspected the brakes and did not find anything that i think would be causing the clicking. Could i have a cv going out or could it be something else?

Straight most of the time. Havent noticed anything while turning. And its not all the time. It comes and goes but when it does click i can apply a little brake pressure and it stops. Most of the time comes right back on as soon as i release the brake but not all the time.

If it's the CV you would hear it while turning. What kind of tires do you have? Brand style and Size?

I just put a new set of 285/75r16 bfg k02's but i had a set of 265 duratracs before and i had the same clicking.

I just put a new set of 285/75r16 bfg k02's but i had a set of 265 duratracs before and i had the same clicking.
Good choice on tires. I've got the same ones.
So it's intermittent. Braking makes it get quiet. And it doesn't happen when you turn? Do you drive from gravel roads to paved roads? Maybe it's a rock in the tread? ;)

I wish it was just a rock in the tread. I'd like to get it up on a lift and see exactly where its coming from.

Back