Front Mud Flaps

Charlie

I just purchased a 2013 Tacoma, Limited, 4x4, Double Cab, V6. My first Tacoma truck. Anyway, the front mud flaps scrape when I pull out of my driveway (when I have a passenger). Standard residential neighborhood and driveway. Dealer is perplexed. Anyone else experience this issue? Advice? ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1370029435.106443.jpg

They are to low. They will hit speed bumps too. Take them off now. They will also dig into the paint on your fender flares. May have already done damage. I sold my last two sets on eBay and got husky mud flaps. They are not as low and do not have a sharp edge that screws up the paint. Let me know if you want to see pics.

I think so too. If I only had enough guts to cut the exhaust pipe. The flaps have a life time warranty too.

Sold 3 sets. Not sure of the exact price but all over 75.00. One set went over 100. It was like new.

I plan on taking mine off front & rear when I go to this wheelin event in July. I can see it now....... if I don't the min I get off the payment and hit the trail I break them off on a rock. :glare:

Think im gonna pull the trigger on this this week. Sounds like i can recoup the cost plus profit a couple bucks. Mine pretty much are brand new seeing as my truck only has 1400 miles.

I plan on taking mine off front & rear when I go to this wheelin event in July. I can see it now....... if I don't the min I get off the payment and hit the trail I break them off on a rock. :glare:

First thing that happens to everyone. But they learn:D

First thing that happens to everyone. But they learn:D

That's what I thought. I like mine for on the pavement, don't want to sling road trash on people behind me on the road. But when wheelin, I don't see them being very functional, especially after you crash them going over a rock. They aren't very flexible. Being off the pavement you have to expect mud slingin. Goes with the territory.
So off they come when I head down to this event. I can always put them back on afterwards and not have to spend money replacing broken off ones. :thumbsup:

Back