Front sway bar bushes.....lube or not?

TacoKen

I have a 2015 4X4 with stock sway bar. I am guessing factory bushes are rubber. I have heard you don't lube rubber sway bar bushes but you do lube poly. I am getting lots of squeaking from the front suspension over bumps at very slow speeds. Mostly when off road. It is possible the bushes are the culprit. I was thinking of lubing them but if they are rubber, maybe not a good idea? I have the Toytec Boss 2 1/2" lift so probably more travel in the suspension than stock. Try lube (if rubber) or replace bushes with poly and lube? Thanks

Definitely the front. And both sides which leads me to think it's the sway bar. They put aluminum spacers in when they installed the the Toytec Boss lift.

If I switch to poly bushes with grease? Just worry about cornering if no sway bar. The thing handles soooo good. Also, anyone know the correct size for 2015 4X4 V6 bushes? They come in either 27-28mm or 28-29mm.

Last edited:
If I switch to poly bushes with grease? Just worry about cornering if no sway bar. The thing handles soooo good. Also, anyone know the correct size for 2015 4X4 V6 bushes? They come in either 27-28mm or 28-29mm.
Id call them to double check, but im fairly sure the sport has a thicker swaybar than the offroad and non trd

I removed the sway bar and links. I also removed the diff drop spacers. I'll take it off road tomorrow and see if I like it. Hopefully at least the squeak will be gone.

Okay, test drive without sway bar, links, and diff drop spacers. On the street it rides a little softer (Toytec Boss lift). No vibration up to 55 mph. Off road, still heard some squeaks but not as much or as loud which makes me think either the front is now good but still getting some from the rear? Or, it's body mounts? Does handle better off road without the sway bar. Think I'll leave it off.

Okay, test drive without sway bar, links, and diff drop spacers. On the street it rides a little softer (Toytec Boss lift). No vibration up to 55 mph. Off road, still heard some squeaks but not as much or as loud which makes me think either the front is now good but still getting some from the rear? Or, it's body mounts? Does handle better off road without the sway bar. Think I'll leave it off.
he lives to tell

Back