FS: 2001 Toyota Tacoma 2WD Regular Cab - Frame Rust/Other Issues

Chris Errico

IMG_5928.jpg

For sale is a 2001 Toyota Tacoma 2WD Regular Cab. Before I get to the bad, let me start with the good. This Tacoma has been properly maintained throughout it's life. I am the second owner, and my grandfather was the original owner (he lived on LBI and I work there daily, hence the rust issues listed below). It only has 131,309 miles on it, which is very little for these trucks. The manual transmission is in great shape. The check engine light is on, but it is because of O2 sensors (see pics for OBDII codes) It has a color-matched cap, though the cap is for a 2002, which had a slightly different body shape, but it still works with it. Inspection good through 01/2019!

Now for the bad... This Tacoma has some pretty serious frame rust issues. Please see the pictures for shots of the rust. Unfortunately, Toyota didn't offer frame replacements for this year Tacoma (as they did for my Dad's 2001 Tundra and later Tacomas). That being said the frame is still intact and completely driveable. Here are some of the rust related issues:

- Multiple holes in frame
- One gas tank mounting strap fell off due to rust. I replaced it with a ratchet strap and it has been fine ever since.
- Rear right shock is not attached to frame due to the mount rusting away
- Flange on exhaust rusted away, so I ground it down and hose clamped a can with exhaust putty, worked great!

And there are some other cosmetic/mechanical issues as well:

- Multiple scratches/dents in exterior

- Crack in windshield - Has one mismatched tire

- No parking brake (cable snapped and I never replaced it)

- Probably needs a new battery (has been sitting for a few months, it does jumpstart though.)

- Interior: tear in drivers seat, cloth falling off door panel.

- Check engine light (O2 sensors) as mentioned above

So, yeah, this little truck is in rough shape, but it has a hear that will last forever! Well, maybe not quite that long, but for a while anyway...

Asking $1999 or best offer. Located in NJ, zip 08087.

Thanks for looking, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

IMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5916.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg
IMG_5922.jpg