FS 2016-2018 Taco Better Front License Bracket

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by mrproduxn, Jul 1, 2018.

1. mrproduxn

mrproduxn Well-Known Member

NEW PRICE $16.99 SHIPPED. Better small 3/16" thick aluminum front plate holder. Made to replace the big bulky original equipment bulky unattractive plastic bracket p/n 75101-04011. My original bracket cut grooves on the top side of my bumper cover and cannot fix the grooves. Wish I would have done this the day I bought my truck. The quicker you remove the oem the less chance of damage to your cover. No drilling. No grille removal. Simply remove the factory bracket and install this one using the holes drilled by the dealer to hold the oem bracket. Includes new stainless self tapping screws, stainless license plate mounting screws and rubber isolators to mount between the new holder and bumper cover. If you do not have the original front plate bracket then this will require drilling 2 holes in the bumper cover for the self tapping screws. Just returned from a road trip and the front plate is extremely rigid.
    2018_06240017 - Copy.JPG 2018_06240020 - Copy.JPG 2018_06240019 - Copy.JPG 2018_06240021 - Copy.JPG 2018_06260003.JPG 2018_06260004.JPG 2018_06240021 - Copy (2).JPG
    Machined and ready and shipping
    2018_07030003.JPG 20180703_125750.jpg pre-clean plate brackets.JPG

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 3:42 AM
    gunningreg33 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Looks like a good mod to do!

mrproduxn likes this.
  4. OP
    mrproduxn

Thanks I appreciate it. I was mad when I saw the damage the oem did to my bumper cover. Can't do anything to fix it without putty or paint work. Just wish I knew this would happen when I bought the truck. I figure anyone with a newer truck could fix this early to prevent it. How deep would the grooves be in 3-4 years ? I actually made mine out of 1/8" material but realized that thicker provides more threads for the plate screws. Mine is very rigid at 1/8" but that only provided 3.2 mm of thread contact thus the better 3/16" material.

B-Man likes this.
  5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Agree......who woulda thought it would do that. Good thing is you caught it before it went further and came up with a better alternative!

mrproduxn likes this.
  6. OP
    mrproduxn

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 6:44 AM
    B-Man likes this.