FS 2016-2018 Taco Better Front License Bracket

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by mrproduxn, Jul 1, 2018.

1. mrproduxn

mrproduxn Well-Known Member

(A) ORIGINAL REPLACEMENT SMALL BRACKET $15.99 SHIPPED. Better small 3/16" thick aluminum front plate holder. Made to replace the big bulky original equipment bulky unattractive plastic bracket p/n 75101-04011. My original bracket cut grooves on the top side of my bumper cover and cannot fix the grooves. Wish I would have done this the day I bought my truck. The quicker you remove the oem the less chance of damage to your cover. No drilling. No grille removal. Simply remove the factory bracket and install this one using the holes drilled by the dealer to hold the oem bracket. Includes new stainless self tapping screws, stainless license plate mounting screws and rubber isolators to mount between the new holder and bumper cover. If you do not have the original front plate bracket then this will require drilling 2 holes in the bumper cover for the self tapping screws. Just returned from a road trip and the front plate is extremely rigid. Currently for sale at https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2019-Toyota-Tacoma-Front-License-Plate-Bracket-Holder-Mount/232942634244?fits=Year:2016|Model:Tacoma|Submodel:TRD+Sport|Engine+-+Liter_Display:3.5L|Make:Toyota&hash=item363c768504:g:lIoAAOSwqVVbMroy&vxp=mtr
    (B) NEW FULL PLATE REPLACEMENT BRACKET $26.50 SHIPPED.
    Same hidden behind the plate feature. Uses all 4 screws to attach license plate. Can be mounted high or low (for those with lower grille light bars). Machined tongue and groove to ensure a solid assembly. Also mounts to bumper using the existing holes drilled and tapped to hold the oem plastic bracket. Lightweight at less than 1 pound yet a very strong assembly. Also comes with stainless hardware and rubber isolators. Pictures are of the prototype made of cheap Home Depot materials. Products sold will be of better grade 6061 aluminum. Will also include picture instructions. Available for delivery on or before 10/22/18. Can reserve by sending a PM to me. Ebay address will be posted after first production run. At this time (10/14/18) 14 have been reserved of the initial 20 being released. Limited to only 20. Not cost effective to manufacture and sell at $26.50.

BRACKET (A) PICTURES
    2018_06240020.JPG 2018_06240021.JPG 2018_06260003.JPG 2018_07030001.JPG 20180824_210125.jpg
    BRACKET (B) PICTURES
    20181012_160243.jpg 20181012_160709.jpg 20181007_163622.jpg 20181007_164537.jpg 20181012_161238.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    gunningreg33 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Looks like a good mod to do!

mrproduxn likes this.
  4. OP
    mrproduxn

Thanks I appreciate it. I was mad when I saw the damage the oem did to my bumper cover. Can't do anything to fix it without putty or paint work. Just wish I knew this would happen when I bought the truck. I figure anyone with a newer truck could fix this early to prevent it. How deep would the grooves be in 3-4 years ? I actually made mine out of 1/8" material but realized that thicker provides more threads for the plate screws. Mine is very rigid at 1/8" but that only provided 3.2 mm of thread contact thus the better 3/16" material.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Agree......who woulda thought it would do that. Good thing is you caught it before it went further and came up with a better alternative!

mrproduxn likes this.
  6. OP
    mrproduxn

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Leadstaco and B-Man like this.
  7. OP
    mrproduxn

I am down to the last 2 brackets. If, between the sites I advertise on, I get more orders I will order material and manufacture another 25. If not then thanks for those that ordered from me on ebay. At least a few dozen of us were able to ditch the big ugly factory bracket.

8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I just purchased the last one!

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. OP
    mrproduxn

Due to requests I just ordered materials to manufacture another 50 brackets. They should become available beginning on 08/24/2018. Already sold 18 of those 50.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    B-Man and OR17TRD like this.
  10. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Got mine in the mail today! Just got done installing it! Well made and would recommend this to all Taco owners! Thanks for making a quality product!

lcarrasco212 and Crawdad like this.
  11. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

Careful if u go through an auto car wash. It’ll bend your license plate. It kept happening to me on my ram and kept getting pissed cz I didn’t know who was bending my dang front plate lol. Then i caught on and realized it was the auto car wash

Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  12. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up! In the accompanying instructions that was listed! Luckily, I hand wash mine! It does look good and gets rid of the black box on the front. Mine hadn't started making any rub marks on the front so caught it in time!

lcarrasco212 and mrproduxn like this.
  13. OP
    mrproduxn

I nearly drove mine in and realized it at the last minute. Whew. Vanity plates too. Thats why I put that warning in BOLD LETTERS. Only takes a minute to pop off the plate with a dime or a screwdriver. For me it is about every 6 weeks. Funny thing is those damn agitators still don't remove all the bugs.

gunningreg33, B-Man and lcarrasco212 like this.
  14. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

Looks better no doubt

B-Man likes this.
  15. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

My wife was surprised seeing me reading actual instructions! LOL Those darn agitators don't quite do it do they? LOL Thanks for coming up with this mod.....it's a good one!

16. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

It really does! I was gonna post up pics.....I figured mine looks the same as mrproduxn's above!

lcarrasco212 likes this.
  17. OP
    mrproduxn

Thanks guys. It means a lot. I wish I could sell them cheaper but Ebay PayPal, packaging and the USPS take as much as the material costs. I will make them as long as people want them. It's a good productive hobby. Keeps me busy. I am not one to sit around watching TV anyway.

mcodyv, dscglfr, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  18. OP
    mrproduxn

50 more in process. Note minor improvement. Plates cut slightly shorter. Bracket should now be completely hidden and not protrude beyond either edge of license plate.
    20180821_211209.jpg
    50 plates drilled and countersunk for mounting screws. Next is drill and tap for license plate screws, deburr, polish, and package with hardware.
    20180822_214118.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  19. OP
    mrproduxn

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    dscglfr, Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  20. gunningreg33

gunningreg33 Member

Excited and eager to get the bracket in and up on the Taco!

B-Man likes this.
  21. OP
    mrproduxn

Thanks. Appreciate the purchase. Surprisingly I have sold 28 of 50 released 3 days ago. At this rate I will be ordering materials for the next 50 soon. I also will edit the next ebay ad title from "2016-2018" to "2016-2019" as the 2019 is the same platform. For anyone attending church today please put my drill press on your prayer list. That poor thing is taking a beating.
    Update only 11 remaining from this run. More materials ordered.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    gunningreg33, OR17TRD and B-Man like this.