Fuel pump kept humming when ignition off.

TacoKen

My 2015 tacoma 4x4 v6 fuel pump didn't shut off when the ignition was turned off. I didn't notice it until late last night when I went outside and heard a humming sound near my truck. It had been about 8 hours since I parked it when I discovered it. I turned the ignition on and it went silent. Turned the ignition off and still silent. Seems there is a gremlin messing with me. Wondering if anyone else had this problem? Now I will be listening for it everytime I turn off the ignition.

I've read something on this.......is that humming noise cleaning the injectors of carbon? Think I saw sumthin' bout this in the owner's manual. I'll see if I can find it.

I've read something on this.......is that humming noise cleaning the injectors of carbon? Think I saw sumthin' bout this in the owner's manual. I'll see if I can find it.
I would think it's the fuel pump not shutting off but if cleaning injectors while ignition is off, where is the fuel going?

My 2015 tacoma 4x4 v6 fuel pump didn't shut off when the ignition was turned off. I didn't notice it until late last night when I went outside and heard a humming sound near my truck. It had been about 8 hours since I parked it when I discovered it. I turned the ignition on and it went silent. Turned the ignition off and still silent. Seems there is a gremlin messing with me. Wondering if anyone else had this problem? Now I will be listening for it everytime I turn off the ignition.

Normal EVAP test that occurs a couple of hours after shutting off.

Back