Full lift kit

chris77

Hey! I'm looking into lifting my 07 prerunner about 2". There is so much parts out there not sure which to avoid. can someone recommend a good 2" lift kit. Thanks for any advice

Hey! I'm looking into lifting my 07 prerunner about 2". There is so much parts out there not sure which to avoid. can someone recommend a good 2" lift kit. Thanks for any advice
Thats easy actually.... avoid spacers and blocks

I guess middle of the road in terms of cost. I'm going to use my truck to pull trailers and move things in the bed, so should i stay away from levelling my truck and get a 2/3" lift in the front and rear?

I agree on the add a leaf out back and NOT blocks.. but id have to suggest a PROGRESSIVE aal. The ride will be smoother, ive had both and its noticable.

As for the front, ill have to throw in my pennies.... for a so so ride, or downright TERRIBLE ride if u have a trd offroad, use bilstien 5100s with stock coils.

For a happy medium (5100s are just an upside down spacer with better valving), id suggest eibach 2" lift coils and bilstein 5100s set at zero.....
Also a 1/4" top plate spacer for the driver side (it will lean without).

Ur money, but ive seen many ppl start out with spacers or just 5100s and then do the lift again with the right coils later. Ive seen it on a couple different forums, not so much here (there are not many members on this forum).

Its always cheaper to do it right the 1st time. Preloading coils just isnt the right way unless ur looking for an inch of lift imho.

If you want the best and have plan to do some off-roading, consider something fully adjustable and rebuildable like Icon and Fox. Bilsteins are nice also and less pricey. For a complete kit, Rancho, OME, Ironman, Traxda and Skyjacker - 4wheelonline.com to name a few although these kits offer 2.5" to 3" of lift.

Back