Future TRD Offload 6M/T Owner

RedWagon

Hello All
Located in Southeast Louisiana and plan to order a Tacoma in March. Have been doing lots (too much?) research between a Colorado Z71, Gladiator Overland and of course Tacoma. My perspective is the Tacoma is a better bargain.
I currently own '16 Colorado, 4cyl, 6sp manual with ~70k miles. I want the extra seating and continue driving a manual transmission. The Z71 doesn't offer a M/T, that would have been a concession.
Not sure how much under invoice I'll be able to press the salesperson for since the truck will need to be ordered and is expected to have a 3.5 month wait until arrival.

Happy Trucking,
JG

Welcome to the Forum Red Wagon! I think you are on the right track in your research leaning towards a Tacoma. The resale and demand for them is unparalleled and they last forever. I can't comment on M/T however I recently bought a 2020 and dealt with a few dealerships. All were not willing to budge on price on the 2020 trucks but we're moving on 2019s. Still I managed to knock off $2K like warm fuzziness mentioned above. When I tried to negotiate on assessories they first said it was a separate department from sales. So I spoke with parts Manager and got 15% off the assessories (tonneau cover, winter tires, rims, mats). Good luck with your shopping!

Thanks everyone.
Salesperson said it's scheduled to be built mid-march and delivered late-April/early-May.
I hope that's a "worse case scenario".

Sounds accurate — took me 3-4 months for mine.

Ordered same time of year in 2018 and was built 31 March

Anyone have information if virus-affected China will impact Tacoma production? The sales guy said mine was scheduled to be built mid-March. Just wondering if the build date is going to be affected.

I really doubt that for most things it will cause much if any delay. Most people are still fine, and China is the place that just wants to pump out its crap no matter what to feed its economy.
I really try my best to not support them when at all possible.

Back