General Hardware Replacement Question

vwgtiturbo

Considering that all of my maintenance needs to be wrapped up over the course of a weekend, I have to plan ahead and order things a bit in advance. Which leads to...

Over the next month or two, I'll be doing front/rear brakes, front shock adjustment (5100s), possible lift kit, possible rear bumper replacement, universal joint inspection/replacement, carrier bearing inspection/replacement, ball joints, etc.. When I was heavy into engine maintenance (not on my beloved Taco), there were certain pieces of hardware that would get replaced during every tear down (connecting rod bolts, head bolts, etc.). I was wondering if anything in the suspension/driveline areas listed above falls into this 'replacement regiment'? I would certainly rather replace hardware than risk a failure, but having relatively little expertise in these areas, I'm not sure if it is necessary.

As always, thanks for any insight. I'll apologize in advance for the basic nature of the question! I'm just a bit paranoid, considering that I haven't had to dive into my baby too much over the years.

EDIT: As an aside, the Taco has 151ish k miles; some of the above may not be necessary yet, but just in case...

Considering that all of my maintenance needs to be wrapped up over the course of a weekend, I have to plan ahead and order things a bit in advance. Which leads to...

Over the next month or two, I'll be doing front/rear brakes, front shock adjustment (5100s), possible lift kit, possible rear bumper replacement, universal joint inspection/replacement, carrier bearing inspection/replacement, ball joints, etc.. When I was heavy into engine maintenance (not on my beloved Taco), there were certain pieces of hardware that would get replaced during every tear down (connecting rod bolts, head bolts, etc.). I was wondering if anything in the suspension/driveline areas listed above falls into this 'replacement regiment'? I would certainly rather replace hardware than risk a failure, but having relatively little expertise in these areas, I'm not sure if it is necessary.

As always, thanks for any insight. I'll apologize in advance for the basic nature of the question! I'm just a bit paranoid, considering that I haven't had to dive into my baby too much over the years.

EDIT: As an aside, the Taco has 151ish k miles; some of the above may not be necessary yet, but just in case...
How'd all that go for you? I'm in the process of doing a 200k mile tune up for my 02

Back