GMC Canyon

Ive always drove toyotas, and they just outlast everything. You can beat up a toyota and theyll still run. Toyota just knows how to make stuff that will last.

It's the sad truth, it's hit or miss with anything you buy, but it's making the truck market more competitive. I've researched some of the trucks released for 2014 and it's a toss up! Ford dodge Chevy and Toyota have all come out with killer full size trucks this year. It's the long term that will be interesting.

I have seen the big three start using "technology" that Toyota has been using for years like under seat and behind seat storage and the assisted tailgate.

F150 Ecopoop, 5.0 and 6.3 blow Tacomas out of the water. A 5.0 Crew Cab FX4 spanked me getting on the freeway.

There are no more fast trucks. The last one was the 1991 GMC Syclone.

Last edited:
Jay Lenno is still rockin the cyclone I think. I did here Callaway is taking the new silverado under its wing however, not sure on the specs yet.

I think it's a good engine but should only be in the sport truck with AWD. This engine does burn more fuel than the V8s when towing since you are constantly in boost.

I had a Chevy Colorado, never gave me a single problem! I just wanted a 4 door small truck with an extended bed, at the time Chevy wasn't offering one, so I got a Tacoma. My Colorado wasn't made in Mexico,it was made in Shreveport Louisiana. You don't have to bash GM,just because you own a Toyota. I love my Tacoma, just as much as my Colorado.I am tired of making car payments, so I was planning on keeping my Taco, but now that I see the new Canyon,I don't know,I really like the look of it!

If it was in the sport truck it should make more hp. I see a modern sport truck should be at 450-500hp. Not 365. The old lightnings made 380.

Yeah, there isnt enough demand for sport trucks (at least where i live)... I use mine to work, but i also use it for sport... I think it fits both well. And my friend had an f150 ecoboost, he had a little over 100,000 miles and the engine blew a piston.... Not sure why but it did.

I remember a guy blowing a head gasket on a 4.0 with a blower. The engine had 100K on it. Stuff just happens.

I'm debating if I should add a blower to my truck or buy something that will actually be fast.

I thout about getting ARP studs and some type of multi layer headgaskets in before going with a blower. I couldn't do the install myself though.

Back