Go-Pro Mount

Discussion in 'Off-Road' started by @Daca_taco, Mar 27, 2018.

1. @Daca_taco

@Daca_taco Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I've been getting more into photography and videography and have a couple go pros, but haven't used them much. Does anyone have an experience with mounting them on their truck? If so, did they ever fall off? Any tips are welcome!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

@Daca_taco and Bogunn like this.
  4. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

I use the stick on mounts gopro sells.
    I have 1 on the front bumper, 1 on the dash, 1 under the hood, and 1 in the cluster.

The bumper 1 has been on the truck with gopro doing over 100 and taken a few hits.

I used 1 of these on my toolbox with 3m RED double sided tape on the bottom. Its been there for years, but the toolbox is now in my attic.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRSBTNA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have not used any suction cup mounts cept 1 time on the INSIDE of the window.

If Im worried, Ill run a cheap ass fishing leader thru the steel pivot piece of the case (under the door) and then loop it around a secure part of the truck, or tack it down with something else.
    I once pulled the camera off and forgot to undo the leader, the camera snapped right back outta my hand and stayed on the truck.

[​IMG]

@Daca_taco likes this.
  5. Bojangles

I have a couple rollbar mounts but they are jittery on my front lightbar.
    I think I used it once on my slider too but cant recall outcome

@Daca_taco likes this.
  6. Bojangles

7. Bojangles

Heads up, I tried a "battery eliminator" on my hero 3+ and if theres a bump at all............ a rut, a curb, a hard stop, ANYTHING. It will screw up the connection and corrupt the entire file.

I use wasabi power 1280 batteries and they are good for 1.5hrs ATLEAST, and they are 4yrs old already.

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. Bojangles

bumper mount
    [​IMG]
    cant even see the mount on the bumper normally, but u can see the gopro on the dash
    [​IMG]
    while driving without gopro, u cant hardly see the mount since its low profile
    [​IMG]

@Daca_taco and OR17TRD like this.
  9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Yeah!

Bojangles likes this.
  10. Bojangles

Concur

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Yeah!

Bojangles likes this.
  12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Double Concur. Double Yeah.

OR17TRD and Bojangles like this.
  13. OP
    @Daca_taco

@Daca_taco Well-Known Member

Thanks you guys! I've got a bunch of 3m double sided sticky from a GoPro add on pack I've had and think I'll try those!

Bojangles and Bogunn like this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Let us know how it turns out.

Bojangles and @Daca_taco like this.