Golden Taco :: 2006 Toyota Tacoma AC SR5 4x4

Nice looking truck man. I had those Destination A/T's on my truck up until this past November, great tires I got about +60k out of mine.

I had them on my '00 PreRunner and never had a issue with them. So when I got this I bought them for my daily drive. I learned they are really good in the deep snow for a stock tire. Once I get my 3" lift & level done I'll buy a 2nd set of bigger tires/rims for offroad playing. It's a work in progress, just doing cheap mods for now while saving up for the more expensive ones.

A few new upgrades

Well here is how she sits now, a little different than when I 1st bought her in Jan this year. Kinda hard to do some mods when there's deep snow down but finally it's warming up. :)

So how she lookin now? Once I get my refund I'll get a lift & level done.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• S1050356.jpg
    S1050356.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2
  • S1050357.jpg
    S1050357.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 2
  • S1050358.jpg
    S1050358.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
  • S1050360.jpg
    S1050360.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
  • S1050361.jpg
    S1050361.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2
  • S1050362.jpg
    S1050362.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Been thinking about it, wish it already was. I'm sure I can rough up the chrome enough to get a good stick for the paint. Might be a chore though. I've thought about plasti-dip to see how it would look black. There's another guy I know with the same color with a DBC that is going to do his that way so will at least get a look at how it looks black. I can get the Desert Sand Mica paint to do it fairly cheap. Still debating on that which to do.

I'm leaning towards that, color matched. First I need to crawl under her and give her a good undercoating before I get any rust started. I lost my 2000 PreRunner due to that in Dec '12. I was lucky Toyota bought her back and I reinvested the money in this one. Frame rusted out and they use salt here. So far everytime they have I've gone and had the undercarriage power sprayed, not taking any chances on that happening with this truck.

Back