Good tires?

mrfritz

It's time to replace the tires on my 2008 tdr. I used Mastercraft before, but want to try something different and hopefully less expensive. I don't want a gnarly tread, but this truck deserves something better than the treads that came stock. What do you recommend that i can also get at a good price?

It's time to replace the tires on my 2008 tdr. I used Mastercraft before, but want to try something different and hopefully less expensive. I don't want a gnarly tread, but this truck deserves something better than the treads that came stock. What do you recommend that i can also get at a good price?

That's going to be what you want and how much you want to spend. I had BFG A/T that cane with my truck. But I ended up putting general grabber at2 on. If you don't wheel a lot don't get a heavy ply tire. Meaning instead of getting a P265 get just 265. The P is for a heavier ply. Good luck.

Michelin LTX MS2 type LT 10 Ply tires ! will be a good investment and last atleast 70,000 miles if rotated every 5-6,000 miles and use Nitrogen instead of air!

Michelin LTX MS2 type LT 10 Ply tires ! will be a good investment and last atleast 70,000 miles if rotated every 5-6,000 miles and use Nitrogen instead of air!

Can you tell a difference between the 2? I was thinking of putting Nitrogen in but want to get some feed back before I do. And is it a big cost and/or worth the investment?

Can you tell a difference between the 2? I was thinking of putting Nitrogen in but want to get some feed back before I do. And is it a big cost and/or worth the investment?
If you do nitro you cant lower your psi when weeling then just air back up or your defeating the purpose mixing it with air

My dad runs nitto trail grapplers on his 2009 Duramax. He drives 100-200 miles a day and has never had a problem

Flannel_Lover 2011 taco 2.7 sclb base model.

If you want something near stock... Try General Graber HT. I am running my second set on my 2009 Tacoma 4x4. They are great on road and do well in nasty Pennsylvania winters. I get plenty of grip on wet boat ramps too!!!! I think they are running around 110 buck for 245-75-R16 and are rated at around 60,000 mile treadwear.

I justs put general grabber at2 on my truck not long ago. They have incredible snow traction. And very little road noise.

mine are the HTS.... All-seasons. Great all-around traction and not to bad off-road (logging roads). Plus, the local tire shop pro-rated my first set.... could not beat the $$$

I justs put general grabber at2 on my truck not long ago. They have incredible snow traction. And very little road noise.
I will agree with you on that. Put mine on last July. Finally got snow and I was very surprised at how well they did.

Not as much snow here in NE Pennsylvania. It was 10 below here at my home with 35 below wind chills. Three school districts in our area called off Friday.
The crazy thing.... you see kids going to school with shorts or without hats and gloves?

Back to the topic... I gotta agree. The General Grabber line is a great tire of the Tacoma truck. Got mine at Jack Williams tire... However, Tire Rack and on-line retails have them. Also, General tire has rebates from "time-to-time".. got a $70 buck visa card with my last purchase. Those stock Dunlops are not that great :((

I went with bfg all terrains, they are expensive but man it has been an awesome tire so far. They have close to 5,000 miles on them and they have yet to show any kind of wear whatsoever. They still look completely brand new. Have done excellent in the snow and the rain. Dry traction has been unreal. Just got 16 inches of snow here and hasnt failed getting me anywhere i need to be yet. Expensive, but extremely satisfied so far.

I went with bfg all terrains, they are expensive but man it has been an awesome tire so far. They have close to 5,000 miles on them and they have yet to show any kind of wear whatsoever. They still look completely brand new. Have done excellent in the snow and the rain. Dry traction has been unreal. Just got 16 inches of snow here and hasnt failed getting me anywhere i need to be yet. Expensive, but extremely satisfied so far.
That's what came stock on my 12'. I get better traction in all conditions then the all terrains. That's just my opinion.

That's what came stock on my 12'. I get better traction in all conditions then the all terrains. That's just my opinion.
I looked at the general grabbers as well, but got an extremely good deal of the bfg's so i went with them. So far they have been an excellent tire. Not complaints yet.

Back