GoPro

Sorry for venting haha, I just had a bad experience with it. I mean if you're happy with them hell thats all that matters.... and trust me
This is me being calm lol, I just don't wanna see someone buy something and later be disappointed. Same thing with our Tacoma's, they're overpriced but worth every penny.

No worries, I am sorry - was just trying to be an asshole. Your points are valid also. I'm just mad because I don't have a real GoPro.

Tacos definitely worth every penny!

Ive been looking on CL and the cheapest GoPro 4 I could find was used at $200, everyone else was asking $250-300 for used and or new in box.

Amazon: cheapest $244 used
New $331.95

GoPro refurb on GoPro.com is $229 for a hero4 silver but it's a refurb

I could not find any new hero4 on GoPro.com they only have 5's for sale.

The hero4 MSRP $399 and retails for $349 at most retailers i.e. Target, dick's, cabela's etc.

Wallyworld has one for $310 new

Where are you finding them cheap or for 1/2 off?
If you want a GoPro you can get one cheap. Craigslist or GoPro sells used ones for half off I believe

Ive been looking on CL and the cheapest GoPro 4 I could find was used at $200, everyone else was asking $250-300 for used and or new in box.

Amazon: cheapest $244 used
New $331.95

GoPro refurb on GoPro.com is $229 for a hero4 silver but it's a refurb

I could not find any new hero4 on GoPro.com they only have 5's for sale.

The hero4 MSRP $399 and retails for $349 at most retailers i.e. Target, dick's, cabela's etc.

Wallyworld has one for $310 new

Where are you finding them cheap or for 1/2 off?
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1495053485.776668.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1495053496.990094.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1495053506.408473.jpg

And most of these GoPros come with other accessories. Me personally I bought mine new with the warranty from GoPro.

Yeah that's about what my CL looked like the session is under $200 all the others are $250+ With one used hero 4 at $200.
I guess these are like Tacoma's they hold their used resale value.
I was thinking used cheap like $100-150 and $200 with accessories. 1/2 off.

I run a Thinkware F770 with rear view.
I've been wondering if the Negative Nancy under your name was something you have to earn or do you change that in your profile.
I've seen a few others that have something other than new member, member, active member, well-known member.
I think one was hillbilly ???something can't remember and another has resident cheapskate. I know I've seen some others as well. Just curious. :)

Yeah that's about what my CL looked like the session is under $200 all the others are $250+ With one used hero 4 at $200.
I guess these are like Tacoma's they hold their used resale value.
I was thinking used cheap like $100-150 and $200 with accessories. 1/2 off.
If you want that I'd look for the hero 3's.

No... I want something better than that. I was just thinking cheap and 50% that a used one would be $100-150. I'll keep looking.
Good thing about CL is the asking price is always the starting point to negotiate.
Thanks for all of your feed back. I appreciate it.

I've been wondering if the Negative Nancy under your name was something you have to earn or do you change that in your profile.
I've seen a few others that have something other than new member, member, active member, well-known member.
I think one was hillbilly ???something can't remember and another has resident cheapskate. I know I've seen some others as well. Just curious. :)

I added it back in the day when you could change it. I haven't seen the option to change it after the new software was installed but I guess it just stayed.

That's cool.
I was hoping it was nicknames Nathan gave out :)
I didn't see anything in profile settings for changing that. Haven't looked deep into it though.
Thanks
I added it back in the day when you could change it. I haven't seen the option to change it after the new software was installed but I guess it just stayed.

The Go pro hero 5 black is more advanced ...
it's water proof up to 30 feet without a extra case ...
It's voice activated ...
I could go on ...

858 Tacoma guy was saying that the case is permanent and has potential for flaw. The 4 is basically the same but costs less.
It's voice activated ...
I could go on ...

It's voice activated ...
I could go on ...
Guess what buddy, if the built in case had one crack or leak down the line you lose the entire camera and if the Warranty is over, then you're **** outta luck. Voice control is useless in loud environments. 30 feet is not much compared to the hero 4, and if you buy a dive housing you can go 50 feet underwater I believe (might be more)

Example:
-if you drop your hero 5, gotta buy new camera.

-drop hero 4, gotta buy only the case.
And the video quality is exactly the same. It's been said by GoPro that the hero 5 has the same video card as the hero 4. The hero 5 and 4 both shoot at 4K @30FPS.

Would you like me to go on...?

Any ways Buddy ... I am happy with what I have and got a awesome deal buying the full Karma drone package that suits my needs and expectations...
With a 2 year warranty...

Has anyone been using the GoPro mount on their new Tacoma? Likes... dislikes...
I was starting to look into the GoPro to mount in the window.
Any thoughts on which one is the best for this application?
I was looking at the hero 3, 4, 5, + and the session.
Any alternatives?
I tried the cheapest GoPro just so I could use this mount that came with the truck. Didn't like what I saw on my playback on my lap top. Also didn't like the tiny camera and trying to read the screen to chose the mode to use. Wish they hadn't glued it to my windshield. How can I get the mount off?

Wish they hadn't glued it to my windshield. How can I get the mount off?
You might be able to take a heat gun and a razor to it but I'd just leave it. I don't even notice mine when there's not a ho-pro hanging off it.
Maybe don't try the cheapest one.

This was shot on my hero 4, great quality stuff, I feel as if I got my moneys worth.

The video is way better quality, YouTube just dulls the quality down.

I bought a GoPro 5 when I saw the mount on the truck. I didn't notice it when I first test drove it. Anyways I love the mount so much I just bought a 6 now I can have one facing forward and one in the back.

Back