Hard downshifting/sloppy brakes

TacoRick

My truck often downshift hard as I'm coming to a stop. When it does my brakes seem to lose pressure for a split second and the pedal wants to slam to the floor. Is anybody else experiencing this? Any ideas what it could be? Engine brake?

I'm having that same issue with my 16 Taco TRD ... I was thinking about having the dealer check it ... they've already updated the software on my trans once...

I'm having that same issue with my 16 Taco TRD ... I was thinking about having the dealer check it ... they've already updated the software on my trans once...
Do you know that is a new update? I did that one and feels better.

Please let me know what you find out. I'm going to take my truck in, but I don't know when I'll be able to.

So I forgot to tell you I was having issues back in November too... they replaced my brake shoes and rotors, and updated the transmission software... you might have them check your rotors too.. I just got it back today for the 5000 mile service and it was a quart low on transmission fluid. I read a lot of articles saying they were coming off the line that way.. but, now mine feels like it's running and shifting a lot better.

Interesting thread. I noticed mine downshifts hard as I'm coming to a stop, but I don't detect any fading in the brakes. I have a 2017 SR5 with only 2300 miles on it so far. I remember the days when transmissions didn't need software updates! I'll have to check on that.

16 trd offroad. Lurching, shifting issues accelerating, while braking, with cruise on at hwy speeds. At 5k service tranny fluid added as they found it to be a quart low. Small improvement to lurching problem. At 10k service had tranny tsb done. And every issue was solved but 1. If using cruise control at hwy speeds, it shifts relentlessly between 5-6th.

But I love the truck overall and am hoping more tranny fixes are coming. With the number of complaints its obvious the new trannys are not happy trannys

So I forgot to tell you I was having issues back in November too... they replaced my brake shoes and rotors, and updated the transmission software... you might have them check your rotors too.. I just got it back today for the 5000 mile service and it was a quart low on transmission fluid. I read a lot of articles saying they were coming off the line that way.. but, now mine feels like it's running and shifting a lot better.

They actually checked my brakes a few months ago for a different issue and they were fine. Transmission fluid was good too. I had the transmission TSB performed recently, but it didn't make a difference with this issue.

But I love the truck overall and am hoping more tranny fixes are coming. With the number of complaints its obvious the new trannys are not happy trannys
Agreed... I'm thankful at this point that I purchased the 100,000 mile warranty that covers head to toe..

I (reluctantly) bought the 100k coverage too. Not sure if I'll need it, but w/all the bells and whistles on this vehicle (the most software-laden I've ever owned) I figured it was the right thing to do.

My truck often downshift hard as I'm coming to a stop. When it does my brakes seem to lose pressure for a split second and the pedal wants to slam to the floor. Is anybody else experiencing this? Any ideas what it could be? Engine brake?
It happen to my 2017 Taco too.

Back