Hard thumping noise

Roag

A HARD THUMPING NOISE THAT FEELS LIKE THE VEHICLE IS BEING HIT FROM BEHIND WHEN COMING TO A STOP.

Any one can help me with this problem? Toyota dealer change the drive shaft but the problem persist.

Tacoma TRD 2013

I know about the warranty but they said its normal my question is someone has the same problem?

Toyota already changed the Axcel shaft but the problem persist, once you stop the truck, feel like some one hit in the back

If it is just a feeling it is normal axle wrap. It is a normal issue on all 2nd gen Tacomas. Turning on your AC really gets it to move around at a stop.

It really isn't a big deal. It's a slight bump when at a light but it fells like someone hit you. Just keep your foot on the brake and pay attention to your rear view.

It's normal. These transmissions have tight converters and weak leaf springs. Should it happen? No but no vehicle is perfect. The rear of my buddy's GTO moves up and down as you shift from reverse to drive because of the torque from the engine. That doesn't mean there is something wrong. Chrysler FWD transmissions make a rattle sound when shifting back to first. Nothing wrong there either.

It is the "personality" of the vehicle.

Last edited:
Back