Hard to Start

Grumpy

I bought my 2015 Tacoma 2.7L last February. Today was the first time starting it on a cold, windy, snowy morning. (yes, it's parked outside) It turned over but just wouldn't fire. On the third try I pushed on the accelerator a couple of times and it started. I'm old enough to know that's how you start a carburetor engine but you shouldn't need to on a modern fuel injected engine. I'd like to think it's not a sign of a problem. Maybe just poor quality fuel? Or, it just doesn't like cold weather?
Thoughts?

I bought my 2015 Tacoma 2.7L last February. Today was the first time starting it on a cold, windy, snowy morning. (yes, it's parked outside) It turned over but just wouldn't fire. On the third try I pushed on the accelerator a couple of times and it started. I'm old enough to know that's how you start a carburetor engine but you shouldn't need to on a modern fuel injected engine. I'd like to think it's not a sign of a problem. Maybe just poor quality fuel? Or, it just doesn't like cold weather?
Thoughts?
Keep an eye on it. Most likely nothing but cold causing things to become sluggish in the system. My outback did that the other day to me. 32 degrees and windy. Crank crank crank nothing gas push crank fire go. Hasn’t done it since. My battery is old in it that might need to be replaced soon.

Back