Have you noticed ... ?

flyinglentris

Dump whatever you want in this thread about oddities and niceties you have noticed.

I have to ask, first off ...

Have you noticed while night driving that it's hard to see the road ahead because of the upper windshield is tinted and the headlights are so sharply focused? It drives me nuts! Especially on dips and going down hill with an uphill shortly ahead. I find myself wanting to flip on the brights (high-beams), but can't be rude if there's someone approaching from the other direction or have someone in front. Having someone in front helps because they light the road and their tail lights are visible through the tinted glass. This drives me more flustertated than the Entune Eco app.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

Dump whatever you want in this thread about oddities and niceties you have noticed.

I have to ask, first off ...

Have you noticed while night driving that it's hard to see the road ahead because of the upper windshield is tinted and the headlights are so sharply focused? It drives me nuts! Especially on dips and going down hill with an uphill shortly ahead. I find myself wanting to flip on the brights (high-beams), but can't be rude if there's someone approaching from the other direction or have someone in front. Having someone in front helps because they light the road and their tail lights are visible through the tinted glass. This drives me more flustertated than the Entune Eco app.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

I had some fxr projectors in my 2006 for a short time and HATED the cutoff so i sold them.

As for my upper windshield, i have an additional strip of 5% on it thats about 4" past the indicator line and i love it. The stock sun visor blocks every bit of view when i tried to use it, so the tint was a needed addition for me. I used to often leave for work when the sun was up and come home the next sunrise... it was a life saver.

In our 17 camry, the lights are fine... do you have a lift on your truck?

No Lift.

Here's another noticeable peeve ...

In accessory mode, I'll be hanging out in my brand spanking new 2017 and bam, the power shuts down. Some crafty little engineer at Toyota apparently decided that battery life could be extended by rudely shutting down power after a period of time without the driver's consent in any form whatsoever. And at the same time, I note that when you do manually shut down after driving at night or in low light, the headlights are left on. Spock! You pointy eared Vulcan live long and prosper SOB, where's the logic in this?

I have not found a way to program the system to avoid shutting down when I want to sit and enjoy my Boney James CDs while watching the surf crash on the rocky Pacific shores here. Anybody know of a way to do this override?

My 2017 is only 2 months old, so don't get offended or upset that I am noticing these things. I'm assuming that some of you have gotten used to them.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

Notice how you get blown off at a parts store to the yahoo who calls in looking for parts ??

This really pisses me off...

Yeah what the hell.

Must be a national epidemic. I’ve noticed it a lot at the chain stores like Auto Zone or Advance.
I like to use local auto parts stores when I can for that reason and because it’s cheaper most of the time (where I live anyway).

No Lift.

Here's another noticeable peeve ...

In accessory mode, I'll be hanging out in my brand spanking new 2017 and bam, the power shuts down. Some crafty little engineer at Toyota apparently decided that battery life could be extended by rudely shutting down power after a period of time without the driver's consent in any form whatsoever. And at the same time, I note that when you do manually shut down after driving at night or in low light, the headlights are left on. Spock! You pointy eared Vulcan live long and prosper SOB, where's the logic in this?

I have not found a way to program the system to avoid shutting down when I want to sit and enjoy my Boney James CDs while watching the surf crash on the rocky Pacific shores here. Anybody know of a way to do this override?

My 2017 is only 2 months old, so don't get offended or upset that I am noticing these things. I'm assuming that some of you have gotten used to them.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA
The only thing I have noticed is if you push the button twice it will turn to run mode. There is no timer on that one. Just don't have your foot on the brake.

Run mode yes, but the engine doesn't start unless you have your foot on the breaks. But you bring up another peeve. Have you noticed you can't operate the window switches while in accessory mode?

With regard to auto parts stores, Winchester Auto is good here in San Jose, CA.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

Run mode yes, but the engine doesn't start unless you have your foot on the breaks. But you bring up another peeve. Have you noticed you can't operate the window switches while in accessory mode?

With regard to auto parts stores, Winchester Auto is good here in San Jose, CA.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

Wtf, 06..... i reach thru the pass side and start her up. worked great when i had to check belt alignment after replacing a couple belts. Here u can clearly see my feet are nowhere near the pedal

What a mess these 3rd gens seem to be. Ill check on the window acc deal later if i remember.

I have found you can start a third gen without putting your foot on the brake. All you have to do is slide the lever on your brake controller when you push the button.

Back