Have your Transmission fluid checked!!

Jmb0351

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1463494797.535973.jpg
After reading on TacomaWorld how the 2016's are being shipped from factory low on tranny fluid, and having a lag between R and Drive. I started a case with Toyota Corporate. Sure enough 2qts low!!!! Mine is 2016 trd off road with Tow Pckge. Rediculous : /

Maybe this could be the culprit to all the decelaration vibes we are getting around 30-15mph. As the truck downshifts. I have the 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 with crawl control.

Maybe this could be the culprit to all the decelaration vibes we are getting around 30-15mph. As the truck downshifts. I have the 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 with crawl control.
I believe the issue you are having is not transmission related. I have this issue and I have a case number with Toyota regarding this problem.
I have this issue too

This is not related to the low transmission fluid issues.
I too have this issue. Between 25-15mph (shuddering feeling) and more noticeable when actually breaking between these speeds. I also have the vibration between 2000 - 2500 RPM. Very frustrating, I know. I have a open case number with Toyota. If you are experiencing this feeling I recommend calling Toyota to open up a case number. Then set up for service dept to check. They will probably say it is a normal function for this vehicle. Do not accept that. Continue to call Toyota and escalate your issue.
Note: While researching this issue on another forum ( TW ) a member said "Toyota fixed his issue by replacing leafs and caster wedges".
Toyota number is 1-800-331-4331.

I believe the issue you are having is not transmission related. I have this issue and I have a case number with Toyota regarding this problem.

This is not related to the low transmission fluid issues.
I too have this issue. Between 25-15mph (shuddering feeling) and more noticeable when actually breaking between these speeds. I also have the vibration between 2000 - 2500 RPM. Very frustrating, I know. I have a open case number with Toyota. If you are experiencing this feeling I recommend calling Toyota to open up a case number. Then set up for service dept to check. They will probably say it is a normal function for this vehicle. Do not accept that. Continue to call Toyota and escalate your issue.
Note: While researching this issue on another forum ( TW ) a member said "Toyota fixed his issue by replacing leafs and caster wedges".
Toyota number is 1-800-331-4331.
Thanks for the info! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the issue but now I'm also worried that I simply won't be able to get into another truck. I test drove another TRD PRO 4x4 at the dealer where I purchased mine and that one also had the shuddering vibration feeling. My truck only has 240miles on the odo. This is nuts! I will open a case number with Toyota ASAP.

Thanks for the info! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the issue but now I'm also worried that I simply won't be able to get into another truck. I test drove another TRD PRO 4x4 at the dealer where I purchased mine and that one also had the shuddering vibration feeling. My truck only has 240miles on the odo. This is nuts! I will open a case number with Toyota ASAP.
Sorry I meant TRD Off road 4x4

I'm glad to see others talking about the braking vibration issue. Hopefully Toyota will figure out the cause of this as more people open cases.

Just got my truck back from service at Toyota. They also found the truck low on transmission fluid by 2 quarts. According to them, the deceleration vibes are gone... But they are not. I will contact Toyota in the morning about the issue and see where this goes. Looks like I bought a lemon...

I think these issues can be fixed. It will be whether or not we can withstand the wait for the fix. As I mentioned earlier, this vibration is very annoying and to hard for me to ignore. As this is my 5th Tacoma over the many years. This is buy far my favorite looking Tacoma however the annoying issues are talking its toll. Lastly, keep contacting Toyota Corp until they do something to fix this issue. That is my plan.

For all of us with the vibration issues between 25-15 mph and the constant vibration at 2500 - 2000 RPM"s there maybe be a possible fix. Check out thread on this very issue on Tacoma world forum. Hopefully something may come out of it.

Just had mine checked this morning. All was good. Just am FYI, they told me that the engine had to completely cool before they could check it. Therefore I was going to have to wait for at least 3 hours. Luckily they provided me with a rental car until mine was finished.

Just had mine checked this morning. All was good. Just am FYI, they told me that the engine had to completely cool before they could check it. Therefore I was going to have to wait for at least 3 hours. Luckily they provided me with a rental car until mine was finished.
I thought it always had to be a warm engine? The original post said the technicians warmed up to operating temperature. I have only had my Tacoma since end of April and have been wondering if the hesitation I'm noticing is normal. Guess I should take it in to be checked.

I thought it always had to be a warm engine? The original post said the technicians warmed up to operating temperature. I have only had my Tacoma since end of April and have been wondering if the hesitation I'm noticing is normal. Guess I should take it in to be checked.
They let it completely cool then brought it back up to operating temperature.

I am very glad to have found this thread. That lag has been frustrating me sense I picked up me Taco 4x4 (I removed the TURD). Love the truck but that lag was bothering me. The wind noise is also bad but that's another thread. I'll check the transmission fluid tonight!

Had mine checked, not quite a quart low . I was told it's within spec. I think the Atkins cycle motor used for a bit better fuel economy and a program update/ fix . Which I think they need to do is hopefully going to eliminate these issues. I drive more than most in these Tacos 1200 -1500 weekly average. I taking the same trips with and without the power ECT button pressed. My fuel economy is within 1-2 mpg's. Now that's cruise control on mostly highway driving.

Back