Headlights Wanted

Hi guys! As promised in our intro thread - we're looking for anyone interested in a better than stock headlight setup.

While the new 2016 styling looks great - the halogen projectors still leave a lot to be desired.

This service would be completely FREE including all the HID components and labor - all you need to do is get us your headlights with a return shipping label & let us R&D them for around a week or so :)

Please PM or eMail off the BlackFlameCustoms website ;)
www.blackflamecustoms.com
Thanks! -- JB @ BFC

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm in Johnstown just a few miles south of FoCo. So, you get my headlights for a week and you give me the new bad a** upgrade you design?
What is your expected turn around on your mod?

Interesting. I'm in Johnstown just a few miles south of FoCo. So, you get my headlights for a week and you give me the new bad a** upgrade you design?
What is your expected turn around on your mod?
Cool - correct! We would want them for about a week and actual build time would take in the 3-6 day range - so there's definitely some down time for the vehicle, but it helps us do a bunch of R&D for future builds. And yes - a totally WICKED design for the setup at no cost - we just ask for really high quality pictures of them installed and an honest review.

Let us know
Thanks! :)

Wicked is a point of view. I would like to know if my time would be worth it. Being w/o my truck for a week.... Don't even want to think about it. Wicked in my opinion is like the Black Ops head lights for the Ford F-250.
Do you think yours will rival theirs in aesthetics and function?

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

Wicked is a point of view. I would like to know if my time would be worth it. Being w/o my truck for a week.... Don't even want to think about it. Wicked in my opinion is like the Black Ops head lights for the Ford F-250.
Do you think yours will rival theirs in aesthetics and function?

We've edited our response - Wex sent us a private PM stating he'd never use our products due to a few negative reviews he found online - from a number of years ago. A few of our practices & methods have long changed since then in our builds.

If anyone would like more info regarding these we're happy to talk via PM or of course post links to the issues here (we think) he is referencing - they were not disclosed to us.

Our intentions are not to muddy up threads or start drama on this forum, there's often plenty of that going around already.

To respond to the headlight questions - we're not sure what "Black Ops" headlights are - we've never specifically heard of them. If you're referring to the generic "halo projector" headlights found all over the place, those we certainly wouldn't recommend - EVEN if someone opts not to have us build their lights - those have been found by a number of our customers to have fitment, function & performance issues - and often worse light output than stock units.

We stand behind each build we do and with our 2016+ housings request here, if the person that participates isn't fully happy we'll order a set of OEM housings to swap out & replace the units we modified.

We would also still only expect an honest review - POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE - which give us the chance to improve.

If anyone has questions or would actually like to discuss having their lights built we're happy to help.
Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Since BFC is being open about it..... Yeah. First I posted about the negative reviews on the forum.
Then decided to keep it private to help BFC save face.
They have since decided to bring to the limelight the history of their shady business practices.
I implore everyone to research before you jump on an opportunity like this. I did. And I found a mass of bad review where the headlights were retrofit with "putty" electrical tape" and "sticky stuff" and fell apart consistently. Even before reaching the customer.
BFC in many cases gave the customer a hard time not wanting to help.
This is not to say that BFC hasn't turned their reputation around. I did not look at the dates of the reviews.
But if they turned their rep around, where was the flood of good reviews? People swearing by their work? I didn't see any.
Now BFC stated they wanted to bring no drama to the forum. I don't believe that. I removed that post to be polite. The only reason to mention it is publicity. No such thing as bad publicity right?
Anyway, be smart. Do your research.

Since BFC is being open about it..... Yeah. First I posted about the negative reviews on the forum.
Then decided to keep it private to help BFC save face.
They have since decided to bring to the limelight the history of their shady business practices.
I implore everyone to research before you jump on an opportunity like this. I did. And I found a mass of bad review where the headlights were retrofit with "putty" electrical tape" and "sticky stuff" and fell apart consistently. Even before reaching the customer.
BFC in many cases gave the customer a hard time not wanting to help.
This is not to say that BFC hasn't turned their reputation around. I did not look at the dates of the reviews.
But if they turned their rep around, where was the flood of good reviews? People swearing by their work? I didn't see any.
Now BFC stated they wanted to bring no drama to the forum. I don't believe that. I removed that post to be polite. The only reason to mention it is publicity. No such thing as bad publicity right?
Anyway, be smart. Do your research.

Wex- we're sorry you're not comfortable with any negative findings on us and do understand that you wouldn't want us to build a set of lights - good luck with any future mods to your truck.

If the threads and posts are read through on those forums (we're guessing one is a Tundra forum from 5+ years ago and the other is from an Acura forum from around nearly the same time-frame) - you would be able to see the resolutions and more of the storyline. Again to note - these are 5+ years old.

The Tundra build in question was refunded - his issues were with some of our old work methods, and we'll certainly own that - but he also took issue with shipping damage - something that's entirely out of our hands.

The Acura customer we tried to help as best possible - the large part of that story that's not as easily found is that he decided to modify the headlights after receiving them - attempting to change things internally, messing them up in the process and then tried to blame us for his mistakes.

We have a number of positive reviews, across the web and on a variety of forums - it's just far easier to point out negative ones and it's especially easier for someone to complain about a product than it is for them to give praise.

So Wex, for you to PM us with drastic judgments, state that our business practices are "shady" and claim our builds fell apart by the masses doesn't make much sense - given that you've never dealt with us before in a first hand capacity and it's tough to find a huge amounts of negative feedback since then - unless there's something we're missing here.

We started this thread to expand our vast list of completed vehicle headlight builds with ZERO risk to the person that is interested - we noted that in an earlier response - if their not happy - we'll swap out the setup we built for a set of 100% factory lights - AND - invite a review of the process whether it's positive or negative.

We 100% agree that everyone should research, learn and understand what they are getting into with a retrofit and the company they opt to build a setup with. If it's us - great - if it's another company and you're happy with them - great - if you're purchasing the components and tackling the job yourself - great! We're open and transparent about our builds and customer service and don't try to specifically bury our mistakes from the past - they're there for everyone to see. You won't find a company today that doesn't have someone take issue with them along the way for some reason (their fault or otherwise) - it's just how things are.

To Note: We've contacted an admin letting them know they can modify or edit this thread as they see fit - our intentions are not drama driven, but it's clearly un-avoidable these days on nearly any forum.

Last edited:
Wex- we're sorry you're not comfortable with any negative findings on us and do understand that you wouldn't want us to build a set of lights - good luck with any future mods to your truck.

If the threads and posts are read through on those forums (we're guessing one is a Tundra forum from 5+ years ago and the other is from an Acura forum from around nearly the same time-frame) - you would be able to see the resolutions and more of the storyline. Again to note - these are 5+ years old.

The Tundra build in question was refunded - his issues were with some of our old work methods, and we'll certainly own that - but he also took issue with shipping damage - something that's entirely out of our hands.

The Acura customer we tried to help as best possible - the large part of that story that's not as easily found is that he decided to modify the headlights after receiving them - attempting to change things internally, messing them up in the process and then tried to blame us for his mistakes.

We have a number of positive reviews, across the web and on a variety of forums - it's just far easier to point out negative ones and it's especially easier for someone to complain about a product than it is for them to give praise.

So Wex, for you to PM us with drastic judgments, state that our business practices are "shady" and claim our builds fell apart by the masses doesn't make much sense - given that you've never dealt with us before in a first hand capacity and it's tough to find a huge amounts of negative feedback since then - unless there's something we're missing here.

We started this thread to expand our vast list of completed vehicle headlight builds with ZERO risk to the person that is interested - we noted that in an earlier response - if their not happy - we'll swap out the setup we built for a set of 100% factory lights - AND - invite a review of the process whether it's positive or negative.

We 100% agree that everyone should research, learn and understand what they are getting into with a retrofit and the company they opt to build a setup with. If it's us - great - if it's another company and you're happy with them - great - if you're purchasing the components and tackling the job yourself - great! We're open and transparent about our builds and customer service and don't try to specifically bury our mistakes from the past - they're there for everyone to see. You won't find a company today that doesn't have someone take issue with them along the way for some reason (their fault or otherwise) - it's just how things are.

To Note: We've contacted an admin letting them know they can modify or edit this thread as they see fit - our intentions are not drama driven, but it's clearly un-avoidable these days on nearly any forum.
I like that you own up to your mistakes it proves that your in this buisness for the long run and not trying to do a cash grab and disappear

For $124.00 I just bought Putco LED H4 headlights!! Bright lights I've ever had in more than 20 vehicles I've owned!! Plug and play no fans!!!

I like that you own up to your mistakes it proves that your in this buisness for the long run and not trying to do a cash grab and disappear
Absolutely - we're largely into the customer service aspect. Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For $124.00 I just bought Putco LED H4 headlights!! Bright lights I've ever had in more than 20 vehicles I've owned!! Plug and play no fans!!!
Be careful - without fans or proper heat sinks high power LED's can overheat really quickly.
Can you take a pic of their coverage at night youve peaked my interest
Sure I'll try tonight !
Take the pic from inside the cab
Definitely post pics (before/after if possible) - and from inside the cab is KEY or against a flat wall.

Back