Heated mirror upgrade?

Colin White

2012 Toyota Tacoma

Anyone know of a aftermarket application for heated mirrors i can possibly put on my 2012 tacoma? Tired of having craptacular visibility when i get a alittle moisture on it. (currently winter where i live so its a losing battle)

Lol... I've thought of this multiple times in the morning on my way to work.... It would be very nice, just never looked in to it

Thanks! Its not at all surprising that something so basic these days, toyota doesnt put in some of there vehicles....
The one feature I wish I had on my Tacoma is the auto up on the drivers window. My wife's RAV4 had it and now her highlander does. I was half temped to try her control panel but she traded it in before I got around to it.

The one feature I wish I had on my Tacoma is the auto up on the drivers window. My wife's RAV4 had it and now her highlander does. I was half temped to try her control panel but she traded it in before I got around to it.

autoup is one of those stupid things that once you have it, you can't live without it. My '12 Mustang had autoup and down on both windows. Now my '15 Taco has down only on the DS. To make matter worse, my '14 Freightliner that I drive at work doesn't even have autodown and the '05 I had previously did. Probably 80 grand for the damn thing and something that probably adds nothing to the cost is deleted.

Do they have these problems in Chad?

As for heated mirrors, I don't use the mirrors on a passenger vehicle anyway. I would have deleted the mirrors altogether if I could have. They are a life saver on the big truck though.

autoup is one of those stupid things that once you have it, you can't live without it. My '12 Mustang had autoup and down on both windows. Now my '15 Taco has down only on the DS. To make matter worse, my '14 Freightliner that I drive at work doesn't even have autodown and the '05 I had previously did. Probably 80 grand for the damn thing and something that probably adds nothing to the cost is deleted.

Do they have these problems in Chad?

As for heated mirrors, I don't use the mirrors on a passenger vehicle anyway. I would have deleted the mirrors altogether if I could have. They are a life saver on the big truck though.
My '04 international has the good old hand crank. But leave the passenger side cracked just a bit. I hear you on the mirrors for work. Use them 110% more at work then I do on my personal truck.

My '04 international has the good old hand crank. But leave the passenger side cracked just a bit. I hear you on the mirrors for work. Use them 110% more at work then I do on my personal truck.
I drive a '15 international at work and that thing still has hand crank windows. They told me it cost 100k, I figured that would have come standard lol

l told my kid to ''roll up the window'' the other day, she looked at me like l had three heads.
Lol. That's the new generation for you. On a sad note. I was informed yesterday by my mechanic that my truck is on the list to be crushed. It has less then 1 mil miles on it. But it's no longer a business write off. Since the company I work for gets new tractors every 10 yrs. and then he tells me I'm getting a single axle 10 speed Mack. There goes my Xmas. I hate those damn things. Sure they ride better. But they don't have the power. Stupid Def fluid. JUNK. Ok. Didn't mean to get off subject of the thread.

The DEF isn't the problem, the problem is the ''smart shift'' . l went from a 515 DD with a 13spd to 435 DD with a 10spd...smart shift. lt's like having greenpeace in the truck shifting it for you. Not having 80hp isn't the half of it, the friggin thing shifts at 1500rpm and by the time it grabs the next gear, it has to downshift again. l spend all my time in manual mode which isn't really manual because it won't make any shifts it doesn't want anyway no matter how many times you flip the paddle.

It does have heated mirrors though...

The DEF isn't the problem, the problem is the ''smart shift'' . l went from a 515 DD with a 13spd to 435 DD with a 10spd...smart shift. lt's like having greenpeace in the truck shifting it for you. Not having 80hp isn't the half of it, the friggin thing shifts at 1500rpm and by the time it grabs the next gear, it has to downshift again. l spend all my time in manual mode which isn't really manual because it won't make any shifts it doesn't want anyway no matter how many times you flip the paddle.

It does have heated mirrors though...
Heated mirrors are good. Lol.

Back