Hello from Mexico

Tacomexico

Tacos con chile!
Hey guys,
I just found this forum and decided to take a look because it seems like a great source of information for Tacomas.

I just got my brand new 2013 Tacoma from the dealer last friday. It is a white TRD prerunner 4x4, 6 cilinders, short-bed automatic Taco. I love it! I also have a Hilux 2007 that I will probably -and sadly- sell soon.

Here is a quick phone pic of it as it was in the Toyota Dealer last friday, jeje. I'll post some better shots later.

About me, well, I am research ecologist working in ECOSUR, a research center in southern Mexico. I love mountain biking, kayaking, nature photography and Toyotas, off course! I am from Mexico (where most, if not all, of the Tacomas are made!) but used to live in the UK where I studied my PhD and worked for many years. I hope I can make some good friends here.

Cheers!
smile.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 22
Welcome. I am newish as well. Tons of info on here. Be prepared to spend money on mods! Your truck looks awesome!

Welcome to the forum! Definitely post more pics up of your new taco and your Hilux! I'm sure everyone on here would love to see pics of the Hilux since we don't have them here in the States.
Enjoy the site & your new truck! :thumbsup:

Hilux

Here is a pic of the Hilux with my kayaks.

It is a 2x4, manual, double cab, 2.7 liters gasoline truck. It has the wheels of a Tacoma and some extra accessories. It is an excellent truck but the arrival of the new Tacoma would not let me keep it, unfortunately. :sad:

It is somewhat weird that Toyota does not commercialize the Hilux in USA & Canada. Here in Mexico it is frustrating that Toyota only have this and the single cab versions of the Hilux. If you go to Central America (Guatemala or Belize) for example, you would find all the Hilux range including 4x4, diesel, long bed, short bed, etc as it is in the rest of the world (Australia, Europe etc..)... I do not understand the marketing reasons for this by Toyota. :blink:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 12
Nice lookin HiLux! I would assume it would compete to much with the Tacoma here in USA & Canada. As it is even if you could bring one here to the US you wouldn't be able to legally tag it. Not sure if you could get a non highway title though. If that were possible it could be driven off road only then.

Yes, those are great episodes,. I was living in the UK when they broadcasted them so I got the chance to see them "premier" in the TV. My interest in Toyota increased exponentially after watching that torture episode to the Hilux. I love my Hilux, but I really need the 4x4, so I had to buy the Tacoma. I hate seen her go, but I cannot afford having two trucks nor I have enough space in the garage. :(

Back