Hello I am here to ask who has removed THIER grill and replaced it with a ccg mesh grill?

taco cruiser

Hello I purchased a ccg mesh car grill look for some info on how to replace it. I saw the ccg instructional video online but it does not give instructions on how to remove the grill off the truck.. Has anyone replaced theirs? If so how difficult is it to remove and how is it done? I haven't had an opportunity to actually look at the grill as of yet but am curious if it is a very simple process or should I just have someone else replace it for me..? Any
Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

Hello I purchased a ccg mesh car grill look for some info on how to replace it. I saw the ccg instructional video online but it does not give instructions on how to remove the grill off the truck.. Has anyone replaced theirs? If so how difficult is it to remove and how is it done? I haven't had an opportunity to actually look at the grill as of yet but am curious if it is a very simple process or should I just have someone else replace it for me..? Any
Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

It will take you less then 5 min to remove it. Open your hood and look for the 2 screws on top. Then look by your head lights and look for the plastic insert. Use a flathead to pop the top up the pull them out. Almost underneath those 2 are 2 more at the bottom. Once you remove the 2 screws and 4 plastic insert clips your good. There are 2 tabs on the bottom that you can push down on while pulling on the grille. I'll send pics if you want. Just let me know.

I only saw 2 plastic and 4 nuts? Are those the ones? Didn't notice any tabs. By the way thanks for help I've had this grill for e weeks now and didn't know if I could install it with it still in the truck or not.. just know I do appreciate any and all help..

I only saw 2 plastic and 4 nuts? Are those the ones? Didn't notice any tabs. By the way thanks for help I've had this grill for e weeks now and didn't know if I could install it with it still in the truck or not.. just know I do appreciate any and all help..
At work. Will post pics when it's daylight.

Do it yourself.
My sweet wife paid $400 for some idiot to cut up my old grill and insert billet into it. I could have bought a complete billet grill for less and potentially sold my factory grill, spending half of what I did.

You can buy aftermarket grills for a good price and sell your old grill on this website or other.

Good luck

I am going to remove grill and install the grill today will advise and post pics before and after. However I will be keeping my bezel chrome. Was unable to locate a black Sr bezel and don't fell like painting the chrome..

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1449241011.700494.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1449241050.071286.jpg
I installed my bumper Father's Day in 90 deg heat after my 3 rd left shoulder surgery 2 months before! The grill will be a quick and easy for you!

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1449257111.542439.jpgremove this screw and the other one on the other side of the hood latch. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1449257163.938944.jpgthis one and the other side. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1449257216.416776.jpgthis is the one I was telling you about under the headlight assembly with the tab. Push down and out for the tabs. Hope this helps.

Finally Got around to getting it put on. Was so simple..ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1452023968.209183.jpg

They sell the grill with cut outs for 2 square mounted lights how they mount them is unknown by me..

Back