Help deciding on tire size

Hey guys so i’m going to be getting new tires and wheels soon but i have a dilemma. My problem is I want 285/75/r16 because both tires and wheels are cheaper but I have heard you get better gas mileage with 285/70/r17. Does anyone know if it is worth all of the extra money to get the 17 inch wheels or should i just save the money and go with 16 inch wheels?

yea I am. i’ve got a icon vehicle dynamics stage 3 kit and i am 4x4 so i will be doing some overlanding. i should’ve included that in my initial post

Hey guys so i’m going to be getting new tires and wheels soon but i have a dilemma. My problem is I want 285/75/r16 because both tires and wheels are cheaper but I have heard you get better gas mileage with 285/70/r17. Does anyone know if it is worth all of the extra money to get the 17 inch wheels or should i just save the money and go with 16 inch wheels?
I was set on getting 285/ 75-16 but didn't want a load range E this time and got a much better deal on 285/ 70-17 load range D. The 17 wheels that I bought weren't really any differently priced than the 16's I was looking at before.

The wheel size only affects MPG if they are heavier. 16s give you more tire sidewall for when airing down.

There is a 0.1” difference in height. You won’t see much change on MPG between 16 and 17. What happens is people get the 16 in an E and the 17 in a C or D and the weight between those is what causes the MPG to suffer.

thank you everyone for the help. i wanted some bronze methods that only come in 17’s but i might just go with some 16’s because i’d save a decent amount of money

Go to Discount Tire store in your area, they should be able to Stuff Tyres that are So Biggley it would make Presidont Chump Jealous ! See I would Go At least 66's !

Sent from my Moto G Play using Taco Forum mobile app

Back