HELP Getting a new truck !!

tomminator855

We're just excited about buying our first Pickup Truck this week :thumbup:,Excited and Worry comes in at the same time .. So i am asking your help to so i can make the best purchase ..First ,let me tell you that I have to kids , 2 yrs old and 6months old, i am looking to get Double cab,
1. Is there any driving feel different between Long bed and short bed ?
2. Is the TRD Sport Package much better than SR5 ? i like the Scoop and the color key side miror of the TRD sport alot with 3800$ Option .
3. Does the Double cab fit 2 car seats for Babies comfortable ?
4. Does anyone know if they're redesign on the 2014 models ? cuz i've seen the dealer inventory list today it say ALL New 2014 Tundra instock in August , say 2014 tacoma instock October . i just don't want to be regret if they're coming out with the new design October !
You're help and recommendation will be much appreciated ! thank you

We're just excited about buying our first Pickup Truck this week :thumbup:,Excited and Worry comes in at the same time .. So i am asking your help to so i can make the best purchase ..First ,let me tell you that I have to kids , 2 yrs old and 6months old, i am looking to get Double cab,
2. Is the TRD Sport Package much better than SR5 ? i like the Scoop and the color key side miror of the TRD sport alot with 3800$ Option .
4. Does anyone know if they're redesign on the 2014 models ? cuz i've seen the dealer inventory list today it say ALL New 2014 Tundra instock in August , say 2014 tacoma instock October . i just don't want to be regret if they're coming out with the new design October !

1 - I have heard the long bed rides slightly softer due to the extra weight. Parking is harder.

2 - Depends on if it is worth it to you. There is more to the package. I like it enough to pay for it.

3 - Babies should be fine but room is tight back there.

4 - It won't happen. The current truck is great anyway.

Last edited:
He pretty much hit it right on the nose, yeah if you have the extra money go for the Trd because it includes a lot more. Glad you chose a Tacoma for your first truck!

I can help with number 3. You wont have a problem with kid's seats. I put my 4 yo in a booster and she fits no prob. I had her 5 yo cousin on the other side and they had no complaints. Both ride in boosters w/ full back piece. And i didnt have to move up my seat to accommodate them.

Thanks Guy i much appreciated ! i went to the dealership today looking to get a doublecab Long Bed ,TRD Sport Pakage without Navigation ! they don't have the color i like (matalic Gray / Graphite) The dealership say if i wanted , i have to wait 11/2 to 2months ,so i Decided to wait since the dealer showed me that their 2014 is coming instock in October !! . what do you guy think ?

I mean really it's up to you, they are guna be the same truck but the 13 will most likely be less than the 14, so I would go with the 13

If your dealer said you have to wait 1 1/2 months for your color, go to another dealer! These guys can dealer trade if they haven't pissed off all of the neighboring dealers. Plus, when I was looking for the same truck you are looking for, I found a 2013 DC LB Sport with the JBL and Nav for $32k out the door! (no sales tax in Oregon). But, I too was wondering about a up coming body change. My son has the 2013 Sport fully loaded and loves it. I was about to buy when my neighbor offered her late husbands truck to me for a great price that I couldn't refuse. The truck is in great shape and always serviced. Also came with a matching SnugTop shell.. Picked it up for $13,500. It's a 2005 but you would never know it. The first year of the current body style. Sitting next to my sons 2013 and you can hardly tell the difference. Just a slight grill change and thats about it. Even the dash is basically the same.. So, I would say, get the truck you really want, but don't believe that you have to wait so long. Start shopping other dealers on line. You will also get the best price that way. Just my 2 cents....

I had my cousin looking at many other dealers around his dealership ,(he's Toyota salesman ) so according to him is only 3 out there and they're not my preffered color . Not that he couldn't find instock inventory he said even up coming inventory not anytime soon unless he has to order one direct from Toyota .according to him he said the manufacture don't really make a lot of longbed ,also that 2014 is coming in A few months ,so the production line for the 2013 is slow down a little bit , it does make sense to me !

You cant go wrong with the double cab! There is plenty of room in the back for two carseats. There are anchors behind each seat for a carseat (depending on the style of the carseat), so you have added strength and security when traveling with your child.
I dont have children, yet, but I have had my 2 year old nephew ride along with me a few times and I found it very easy to get him in and out of the back. I'm 6' so I consider myself tall, and I didn't even have to move my seat up at all if he was behind me.

As for the TRD vs. the SR5...I think you will be satisfied with either one.

Hope this helps

I had my cousin looking at many other dealers around his dealership ,(he's Toyota salesman ) so according to him is only 3 out there and they're not my preffered color . Not that he couldn't find instock inventory he said even up coming inventory not anytime soon unless he has to order one direct from Toyota .according to him he said the manufacture don't really make a lot of longbed ,also that 2014 is coming in A few months ,so the production line for the 2013 is slow down a little bit , it does make sense to me !

The Tacoma has so many options and packages, it's nearly impossible to find exactly what you are looking for on the lot or preowned, especially if it's a long bed. If you can afford it, you're better ordering directly from Toyota.

In my opinion, GET THE LONG BED! It really isn't that long (coming from a guy that downsized from a 2011 GMC DuramaxCC LB).. The Taco SB is just way too short.. Like others have said, if the 2014 isn't going to be a new body or more efficient motor (mpg), keep looking for that 2013. You will pay a lot more for the 14.. :yes:

Back