Help! Rear door stuck shut!

musicmanjer

Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and am reaching out for help.

Ok, rear drivers side door is stuck closed. Unlock/lock mechanism sounds like its spinning inside without doing anything. It's stuck in the locked position and will not open from door handles. I've spent an hour trying to get it unlatched to no avail. I've even tried kicking it open from inside.

Am I screwed, or does anyone have a way to get it open so i can replace the latch mech?

Thanks,
Jerry

This is a 3rd gen, and not quite english.....but

Umm well after paying with this sliver thing we assumed was the latch for 3 hours I gave up but my brother and dad kept playing with it and go figure we were messing with the right piece but we were doing everything but the right thing to it...the latch wasn't/didn't comeven up all the..we ended up having a piece of aluminum that we bent and just needed to pull up on the silver thing that gets pushed down when you pull the handle. if you take out the two screws on the door panel you can wedge a small light in the channel and see it and just had to pull up on it to get it back in the place it needed to be.

So thanks guys. The child lock is in-accessable as its on the side of the door and don't think that would help. In any event, the panel can't be removed without the door being opened. It is sandwiched in between the door and frame and is the seal surface. SO, I can't see any way to remove the panel to get into the door without destroying it. Besides that, how can you unlatch the lock from the striker since it's encased in the plastic latch/lock housing? In my 35 years of mechanics, this is the first door that I haven't been able to open by using a slimjim or removing a panel or door key lock. Really sucks.

I even removed the other side door panel to see if there was something I was missing that I could do.

Oh did I mention this is the WIFE'S Tacoma and its like a third child to her.

Am I the only one this has happened to with all those Tacoma's out there???

So thanks guys. The child lock is in-accessable as its on the side of the door and don't think that would help. In any event, the panel can't be removed without the door being opened. It is sandwiched in between the door and frame and is the seal surface. SO, I can't see any way to remove the panel to get into the door without destroying it. Besides that, how can you unlatch the lock from the striker since it's encased in the plastic latch/lock housing? In my 35 years of mechanics, this is the first door that I haven't been able to open by using a slimjim or removing a panel or door key lock. Really sucks.

I even removed the other side door panel to see if there was something I was missing that I could do.

Oh did I mention this is the WIFE'S Tacoma and its like a third child to her.

Am I the only one this has happened to with all those Tacoma's out there???

You can always use the other back door... or slide in like the Dukes of Hazzard. Lol.

Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and am reaching out for help.

Ok, rear drivers side door is stuck closed. Unlock/lock mechanism sounds like its spinning inside without doing anything. It's stuck in the locked position and will not open from door handles. I've spent an hour trying to get it unlatched to no avail. I've even tried kicking it open from inside.

Am I screwed, or does anyone have a way to get it open so i can replace the latch mech?

Thanks,
Jerry
What year is the Tacoma

Try some Dyno mite
dynomite.jpg

Back