Help! Short box vs long box

Parker

Alright guys I finally landed my dream job and can afford any dream truck. I'm already set in stone on what I'm getting, 2017 TRD Off-road double cab inferno with black and orange interior and the premium options. But I can decide between long box and short box!

What are the pros to long box vs short box? I think I like the look of the short box overall but is there enough bed space? Please help me make an educated decision here! Thank you!

Sorry if this is a repeat, I just nee focused help.

It's all personal preference I like my long bed I personally think it looks better and I use it a lot for holding my quad easier, I can close the gate

It's all personal preference I like my long bed I personally think it looks better and I use it a lot for holding my quad easier, I can close the gate
Do you think I could still fit a quad, or even a couch or whatever with the short bed, with tail gate down and tied down?

I think the long bed just looks so long! (Total truck length) but if it has so much advantage I would role with it.

Alright guys I finally landed my dream job and can afford any dream truck. I'm already set in stone on what I'm getting, 2017 TRD Off-road double cab inferno with black and orange interior and the premium options. But I can decide between long box and short box!

What are the pros to long box vs short box? I think I like the look of the short box overall but is there enough bed space? Please help me make an educated decision here! Thank you!

Sorry if this is a repeat, I just nee focused help.
I personally like the look of the long bed over the short. But unless you plan on using your bed all the time, go for the one you like. When you do haul stuff just leave the bed down, and maybe get a bed extender.

Do you think I could still fit a quad, or even a couch or whatever with the short bed, with tail gate down and tied down?

I think the long bed just looks so long! (Total truck length) but if it has so much advantage I would role with it.
I'm not quite sure it depends on the size of the quad, you definitely are gunna want to measure it or look for the length with it down online for the quad, I'm sure you could fit a couch, it would just hang out a little bit more in the short bed

TImageUploadedByTaco Forum1486173400.799555.jpg
This was when I went down to so cal to pick up a cb750 with my buddy, had barely enough room to fit it wth the gate closed and the bike sideways, just felt safer with it closed

You can't even fit a fishing rod in the back of the short box. What good is it? Do you want something that looks good or a truck you actually can use for something?

You can't even fit a fishing rod in the back of the short box. What good is it? Do you want something that looks good or a truck you actually can use for something?

If that's the case then the whole truck is a fail because a full size can do more in every catagory. It's true though.

My short bed fits my golf clubs with tailgate shut, I'm happy. I have a trailer for my side by side. Much safer. Get the short bed.

I can't speak for the third gen trucks

But I had two second Gen, one with a long bed and one with a short bed

My 12 which was the long bed got totaled and when I replaced it I got a short bed

The Honest answer is do you like the look of one over the other, and do you have something that you will haul regularly that needs the space. Something like a motorcycle, work stuff things like that

If not the short be would be a good choice

Aulthogh it is a foot shorter there is still a good amount of room

My DCSB is a daily driver with weekend duty as the home work truck and toy.

It's hauled a crap ton of 2x4s, dirt, shrubs, trees, gun safes, kids soccer gear. I regularly have my 15' kayak back there. Dirty wet dogs, kids, hunting gear.

No dead Deer yet unfortunately, but that will happen soon enough and I'm sure it will fit

It even fits fishing poles without any trouble

The long bed was better for sleeping/camping as I could lay flat with the tailgate closed. I still sleep in the short bed but just need to keep the tailgate down

They do also handle differently. The long is very manageable and by no means is difficult to drive but it does have a longer wheel base which you will notice when driving and parking

I have a cramped parking garage at work and the long bed fit fine but sometimes needed a little more work to get in

The short bed is much easier to park

If you have a need for the long bed then it will be a good choice

But the short bed is very capable of handling it share of work and has its own advantages

Back