Help with wiring

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by cmcfadden183, Jan 1, 2019.

1. cmcfadden183

cmcfadden183 Member

I have an 07 Double cab Tacoma and I recently found some unused wiring behind the dash. Anyone know what this goes to? Thanks IMG_3155.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. More pictures of the wires might help. Did you buy it new or preowned?

4. OP
    cmcfadden183

cmcfadden183 Member

IMG_3176.jpg

5. OP
    cmcfadden183

cmcfadden183 Member

It’s preowned but I’m almost positive that no one has modified it in any way. I bought it from my dad who bought it from the original owner.

6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like it belongs to the radio......... 1.jpg

7. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Could it be an un-used plugin for an amplifier??? Just throwing that out there........

8. OP
    cmcfadden183

cmcfadden183 Member

I don’t think so. The TRD editions have what looks like a key slot there

B-Man likes this.
  9. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Key slot is for passenger airbag. For some reason I'm thinking the key slot is only in the access cab.. not sure though. @Bojangles we need some Tacoma trivia

B-Man and Bojangles like this.
  10. OP
    cmcfadden183

cmcfadden183 Member

Yeah I found out that the double cab is activated when there is weight in the passenger seat. I guess that’s why there’s no switch.

11. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Edit: reg cab and ac have the key switch, double cans do not. Both have weight sensors tho

They all have the weight sensor, even us with the switch. It'll light up the seatbelt warning if something of x amount of weight is in the passenger seat and the trucks started and the seatbelt isn't secured.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Bogunn, B-Man and kp.taco like this.
  12. Bojangles

She's dirty.... But here ya go, weight sensor tested in an access cab with the keyslot.

kp.taco and B-Man like this.
  13. Bojangles

Edited with answer.... Reg cab and access cabs have the keyed switch, double cabs do not.
    Both have weight sensors

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    kp.taco and B-Man like this.
  14. Bojangles

The following is by far my favorite topic and the event just happened a few seconds ago.
    Keys are hanging up in the house, but I went to check the trucks door to make sure I closed it earlier after the seatbelt video.

Name this sound if u can....

Remember, key is in the house......noise is coming from the front of the truck

Bogunn likes this.
  15. kp.taco

Ah I forgot about the reg cab.. yeah my DC has the same seatbelt light and also a passenger air bag light

16. kp.taco

Got me man.. sounds like a tornado siren Haha..

17. kp.taco

Ok. :banghead... wtf is it?

18. Bojangles

U know the emissions self check the truck does 4hrs after driving?
    U get the emissions pump to cycle near the gas tank on all our trucks...

The supercharger group has a water pump that circulates coolant thru an extra heat exchanger in front of the radiator, and the sound u hear is the electric water/coolant pump as it's tied into a circuit which is energized when the factory emissions self check runs. Newbs get paranoid all the time.

Sometimes I wonder if my truck and her Camry talk to each other when nobody is in the garage. They both do the self checks.

B-Man, Bogunn and texasred like this.
  19. kp.taco

Makes since now. I was familiar with the emissions self check and knew it was near the fuel tank... the SC is a whole different animal. Lol

20. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

21. Bojangles

U know the odd part is we have NEVER been partial to vehicle colors... I got a great deal on the truck and Camry so I bought those... They both happen to be silver.
    My parents happend to buy a RAV4 last year .... It's silver

They still have a Nissan (I know) versa from a few yrs ago..... It's silver