Hesitation

warmongoose

I am experiencing some sort of hesitation. It is noticeable when cruising at 45-55 miles. RPMs are steady no noticeable jumping of RPMs but engine feels like it's loosing power or like I am letting off the gas. Any one have experience something like this. I only have 1200 miles and recently the dealer did the computer flash for the TSB transmission shifting delay.

I am experiencing some sort of hesitation. It is noticeable when cruising at 45-55 miles. RPMs are steady no noticeable jumping of RPMs but engine feels like it's loosing power or like I am letting off the gas. Any one have experience something like this. I only have 1200 miles and recently the dealer did the computer flash for the TSB transmission shifting delay.
Tell the dealership, ask if u can have a tech ride shotgun as you drive. Most importantly, ask them in advance to have the tech plug in their laptop to your obd2 port and run techstream as your driving.

As soon as you feel the hesitation, tell the tech. He should be able to look at the data at that moment on techstream and see if theres an issue.

Will dealerships do this?
Yes, they will.... i had the scenario happen where a tech rode with me, and we did just that.

The RPMs might just be in a spot where the ECU is trying to switch fuel injection type or just a bad spot in the torque curve. If there are no trouble codes pending, it will be hard to diagnose.

It's back hesitation when cruising around 45-55 miles you can feel some kind of hesitation, The RPMs are steady no bouncing up or down but you can feel the power loss. I am so frustrated and my dealership keeps giving me the run around. Come down and let's drive it they say can't replicate issue they say. Have a nice day they say.

This new engine has no low end torque so there's part of your problem. Also the main programming of the trans is to get the highest gear possible whenever possible.

I'm having the same problem post transmission TSB. I have about 200 miles on since the dealership updated the transmission firmware so I'm waiting to see if this is just part of the learning phase. I've tried with the ECT on and off with no difference. It's odd that sensation while driving with the cruise control on and set between 45-55 MPH is almost like the engine is sputtering but the RPM is steady. The TSB definitely fixed delayed engagement problem but I think it may have created this issue.

I had the TSB update last week and I have noticed some hesitation. I'm thinking that maybe this update restarted the transmission learning phase.

So far I have 2100 miles and 1658 of them are after the TSB flash, I have not notice any change (positive) on the hesitation issue. I believe my transmission has a learning disability. What makes this worse the dealer I bought the taco from are not trust worthy. My opinion

Back