Hi from PA

silverT

Hi
I really Like my Tacoma
Fact is it might be my most favorite auto of all .
I joined as I figure membership here might facilitate what I need do to keep this truck in top shape
Let's start I've had a hard run for the last 8 years using cars and trucks in the $150 to $600 range
classic beaters but worked and kept me on target to get to work .But none the less those autos were
humbling, but did what was asked .Recently my 18 year old Dodge needed about $1200 to keep it going & it would still look like heck , the MPG was killer also spent about $300 to $350 per month on fuel .
I need some thing nice !! Then wile I was working ( I do some driving at work ) I spotted a pickup
$10,100 year 2008 money was tight but I cold swing it I could care less what maker made this pickup
the price was perfect and financing incentive's could make it happen as I had heard from there radio ad's
As you guess it's a Tacoma the TRD 5 passenger ( I have kids so perfect )
I'm looking and liking & ask the salesmen Umm whats the mileage BTW - He says quietly 219,000
I think to my self thats a lot & thats why it's $10,100 But the truck is like PERFECT really clean.
So I test drive it , I'm thinking this truck has 219,000 miles and feels like new ??
what does a New Tacoma fell like ?
The salesmen says well the one next to it has 21,000 miles
cost $18,500 & feels the same . Then I found out my friends corolla has 349,000 miles
and he said feels great . Kelly blue book had the truck at $12,000 So the rest is history
So here I am a Tacoma owner experiencing aspects very unique . For one thing
The Tacoma is clearly powerful & can really scoot But what really surprises me as compared to the many autos I have owned this truck keeps me calm & wile it's plenty fast
it's a truck that causes me to drive slow . This is new to me a truck I drive mellow with .
I look up on You Tube & see many people use there Tacoma opposite as me
Maybe I'm crazy But I'm here to tell you the Tacoma is my lid
like the saying a lid for every pot .

Last edited:
Back