Hi I’m new here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Controller23, May 6, 2018.

1. Controller23

Controller23 Member

In the process of buying my first taco. Have to give up a company truck (2015 Silverado LT) since I’m getting a new job. Decided to buy a 2018 Tacoma double cab long bed, automatic TRD sport. By some of the posts here you’d think people hate them. Hope I’m not making a mistake! Just waiting for the dealer to get the truck to me now.

I’m a 30s dude in Wisconsin. Hi y’all.

I thought about getting a manual, but I’m way too preoccupied of a driver.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome from Nebraska! I have a 2017 Off Road Dbl Cab with automatic and I'm very happy with mine! As some have said, any vehicle by any manufacturer is gonna have something to complain about......Tacomas are great trucks......Enjoy your '18 when you get it!

cranito4to and Lil G like this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new job and the new Tacoma. Welcome to the forum.

B-Man likes this.
  5. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Welcome from Arkansas . Same truck as b-man. He is absolutely on point. Remember when reading any reviews some people are never happy. You can’t beat the resale value and there food trucks. The ride alittle rough but hell its a 4x4 truck not a sedan

Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  6. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Good not food

Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    I have a 2017 DCLB Sport and love it. There’s been a few kinks that had to get worked out and some getting used to from the second generation Tacoma’s. I personally haven’t had any real issues out of mine.

B-Man and Lil G like this.
  8. Tacoman112

Tacoman112 Well-Known Member

Welcome. Love the sport DCLB.

9. tbreeezyy28

tbreeezyy28 Member

welcome to the forum!

10. natural9er

natural9er Well-Known Member

What color

11. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum!

12. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Welcome!!

13. OP
    Controller23

Controller23 Member

Magnetic grey metallic. Really wanted cement or sand dune, but being in a time crunch there aren’t any available in the area

natural9er likes this.
  14. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Recently bought my first Tacoma. I've wanted one for years. Have owned a Ridgeline and a Ram while admiring the Tacos. Finally worked a deal on a 2016 dbl cab SR5 and I LOVE IT!!! I don't drive down the road saying, "Damn I wish I had that truck." or "Man I'd like to have one of those cars." anymore. This is the first vehicle I've ever been completely happy with.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    OR17TRD and Crawdad like this.
  15. cranito4to

cranito4to Well-Known Member

Welcom to the forum, another one for the long bed club. Love my 20016 nothing mayor so far and like @B-Man said, there's always people talking bad or good, Tacoma's great trucks no "regerets" on my part.

B-Man likes this.
  16. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new Tacoma. Welcome to the forum.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  17. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Welcome that’s the way I feel about mine also.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  18. Welcome sir!! Good buy btw