Hid conversion kit

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Tylan, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Tylan

Tylan New Member

Im trying to find a conversion kit for my 96 tacoma. The housing and bulb are one piece so im having trouble finding a kit. Any suggestions?

Rambo likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

Google replacement headlights for the year of your truck. There are tons of stuff out there. Just depends how much you want to spend.

Rambo likes this.
  4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

E Bay ! Car ID , Amazon .

5. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Don't go higher than 6000k or lower than 5,000k!!! Get Bulbs and Ballast as I did,takes 20 minutes for left and right side ,east DIY Project,all are Good ,I spent about $40 for the kit ,cheapeer that Sylvania ZXE and muckh brighter too,I did fogs a month later , same DIY easy and $40 again !wire tie and tape with heat resistant tape away from radiator and eng areas ! Works great and bright a year later, I did 6,000K Fogs and Low/High Beam headlights ! All brands are the same and from china with German technology or you would slpend $1000 and up on each side !!!!!

6. tommyboy

tommyboy Well-Known Member

Is car Id a legit place?

Rambo likes this.
  7. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Yes , CAR ID is in New Jersey,or try E Bay ? I got mine on E Bay !

8. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

YES,or, Try E Bay !

9. Nocturnal92

Nocturnal92 Well-Known Member

Heard good reviews about carid. Lots of good stuff at Ebay, just look at the reviews of the kit as well as the seller.

Rambo likes this.
  10. Maz

Maz New Member

Hi I have an 07 Tacoma, I bought a conversion kit made by brightsource LED which should be plug and play,
    Unfortunately when switched on low beam it flickers on to high beam. Any one have any solutions?

Rambo likes this.
  11. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

You may need a set of capacitors desined for hid at some ebay or amazon sites !if this don't work its your ballast are bad!

Maz likes this.
  12. oh!yea

oh!yea Active Member

hid days are past HID lights such.
    I recommend led conversation kits by opt-7 on Amazon.

Hid don't last long they have to warm they have issues with lots of vehicle lighting cases they get real hot and if your vehicle has daylight running lamps it kills them.

13. spyderfxst

spyderfxst Active Member

I tried HID on my 2016 Tacoma SR5 I bought them on eBay. They didn't work on my truck I have to return them. I may try LED's has anyone put them in?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  14. Kratos/70

Kratos/70 Member

IMO, HID's get too hot for the headlight shell... Invest in some LED replacement bulbs. Same brightness , with less heat. Just my .2 cents and experience....

15. jrct84

jrct84 Well-Known Member

I got my led conversion kit from carid. And I have no complaints it's a plug and play and a lot brighter than stock bulbs.

16. Kratos/70

Kratos/70 Member

"Superbrightleds.com" is where I got my LED'S from, and they are awesome, both lights, and the company... Of course, those are my fog light bulbs. I need to get some for my driving lights..... (coming soon)

17. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Ricer lights.

18. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Im a kimlan fan.... what say you?

19. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Is that translation for missed shifts in an auto?

20. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

U must like La choy