HID kits suck!

ae111black

I picked up a p-n-p 35w 4600k kit from a reputable vendor and I just gotta say the light output is horrible! It has a great cut off and spread but its like I dimmed my stock halogens by at least half! Needless to say their coming out! Anyone need a set of bi xenon's pm me if your intrested....

I used to think PNP HID kits were cool but then I started seeing everyone with them. Mini vans, pos ricer cars, family sedans and trucks all had some not in them and usually one light was blown. I experienced first hand how much they suck in reflective housings. I got a set for my quad and they sure looked brighter but the scattered light was useless for riding at night. My friend had a set in his 07 F150 and the same thing happened. The scattered light output is useless for night use. Again these are PNP kits installed into reflective housings.

55w should give you a brighter light output, it did when I had 8000k HID's on my '05 Mustang, just info from my past HID problems, lol!

PNP HID kits do suck without a retro, however, if your saying they have a "perfect cutoff" then you may have done something wrong. Its not possible to put an HID bulb in a stock housing and get a cutoff. So something makes me think there is a different problem here. And dimmer than halogen.... Not a chance on the planet. No matter how ****ty they will still be brighter than halogen. Are you sure these are HIDs with ballasts and everything?

I just got 35 watt 5000k HID kit from DDM tuning and they have good reviews overall so ima give these a try on my 07 tacoma and give a review on them later down the road. I'm over the yellow stock look I wanted to go for It. Seeing the YouTube videos posted after checking out reviews, I had enough confidence to go for it.

I just got 35 watt 5000k HID kit from DDM tuning and they have good reviews overall so ima give these a try on my 07 tacoma and give a review on them later down the road. I'm over the yellow stock look I wanted to go for It. Seeing the YouTube videos posted after checking out reviews, I had enough confidence to go for it.

I'm gonna try again later down the road after I retrofit my housings with some S3's Like Whipper said the output is just not optomized with out multi reflector housings.

What are s3 housings? Like what's different about them? If after the review I agree with the housing unit ill save up for the housing for these HID's

ddm is a chinese company. they have cheap kits but their customer service (to use their "lifetime warranty") sucks

but retrofits are amazing

I got the kit for $65 and if they give me the look and I want and improved lighting than the yellow stock... Ill like them... We'll see when I try them for a few months... And ill investigate the d2s thanks :)

Personally I would skip the HIDs and go for aux lights. Those actually help since the housing and lens are designed for the bulb inside. You won't blind people with those because you can turn them off when there is an oncoming vehicle.

You can get aftermarket driving lights. You don't have to be a offroader to have a set. Look at Mini Coopers.

Halos aren't my cup of tea unless they came from the factory.

I ran mine once. Like I said the light dispersion was good just that the light was super dim. I guess if I ran a 55w it would be diffrent but I dont really want to melt my housings. JDC 07 if your perogative is purely looks go for it, But like Whipper said go with some proper Aux lights.

retrofits are a hell of a lot better qualitywise when it comes to projectors

the projectors used in those "all-in-one" kits generally suck

theyre not too hard to do either

Back