HID kits suck!

This kit on this site is found by placing in year make and model and it gives u options that say they are oem style and fit

note they don't tell you what brand/model projector they use in it

The housing will fit, but light output wont be that great

How do I figure out what I need on that site? I have an 07 Toyota tacoma and bought 5000k h4 HID kit

:thumbsup: that's what we're here for

seriously look into retrofits or aux lights if you can.

from experience, retros are 100% better than hid's in a reflector and exponentially better than stock

and combined with the BHLM for 2nd gens, are sexy AF
(Rich9170 from another forum)
183744d1354947261-what-have-you-done-your-tacoma-today-newheads2.jpg

Last edited:
ddm is a chinese company. they have cheap kits but their customer service (to use their "lifetime warranty") sucks

but retrofits are amazing

99% of HID kits in America are from China. Some are very horrible quality (like Xentec and Onex) and some are actually extremely hi quality

I know this is a thread about hids but has anyone installed projectors or halos? If so how are they? Are they better than hids?

I know this is a thread about hids but has anyone installed projectors or halos? If so how are they? Are they better than hids?

HIDs go in projectors

Halos are a ring that goes around a projector

A lot of aftermarket projector housings have HIDs inside a projector with a halo ring.

HIDs go in projectors

Halos are a ring that goes around a projector

A lot of aftermarket projector housings have HIDs inside a projector with a halo ring.

Okay I was just asking but the projectors I have purchased before for other vehicles didnt have hids. Is it something u have to requedt?

Funny that GG-lighting is posting on this thread. Thats who I got My P-n-P kit from.

We don't have 4600k HIDs
If your light output was not bright then there was likely an issue with your headlights or they weren't aimed properly. We have 6000k HIDs in our Tacoma and they are ridiculously bright. We have done TONS of tacomas and the headlights with HIDs produce a lot of light

Back