HIDs

Lunarblade

I know I'm going to get a lot of negative comments but... I was browsing trs and found some low beam HIDs to that say the following

Simple, and effective - they work well in most reflector based headlights to provide more light in both modes. We recommend pairing the MotoControl Bi-xenon wire harness with these bulbs to ensure perfect functionality there.

From the product picture it looks like there is an anti glare shield so it may work with my 2015 taco? Any thoughts? Screenshot_20180818-164047.jpeg

Do it just dont go any hotter thank 6k and get a dual beam not a single and get a 35w ballast I prefer mine over projectors

Led or hid in a halogen based reflector type housing an ENGINEER developed to use a filament is just a terrible idea.
Google some daniel stern lighting basics.

But by all means, tell me about aiming them down so u dont blind others.... lemme know when that deer sneaks up on you as well. Because your distance night viewing/scanning is diminished by the pupil construction as your effectively blinding yourself and the eyes dont focus as far.

Any colors u want are also illegal federally, so no state laws are gunna supercede those.

Ive never outrun my oem headlights with oem, or zxe silverstar bulbs... and no, most of your tacomas are no faster than mine.. its not like im driving slow... we almost all have the same speed governor unless you have cut the purple wire, but then ur gunna **** out a main bearing due to vvti disactivation and speed sensor errors.
Sometimes we deny we need glasses, are night blind in 1 eye, or need a stronger script.

Just dont make OTHERS on the road pay for your deficit with their lives... an attorney wont even be able to help you if u blind another driver for a split second and cause them to miss a curve, or not see something in the road. You will be held liable 100% at fault because you decided to run illegal hids in a halogen based housing because you have a condition that needs to be treated, or need new headlamps because yours are faded or yellowed.

Depending on your location, people have been known to walk out to their vehicles that have blinded the wrong person on too many occasions and found their light housings shattered all over the ground.
Its been posted about on some other forums for years... it happens.

Its your wallet and i assume ur a grown ass adult, so pay no mind to me if u dont want to.

Led or hid in a halogen based reflector type housing an ENGINEER developed to use a filament is just a terrible idea.

But by all means, tell me about aiming them down so u dont blind others.... lemme know when that deer sneaks up on you as well. Because your distance night viewing/scanning is diminished by the pupil construction as your effectively blinding yourself and the eyes dont focus as far.

Any colors u want are also illegal federally, so no state laws are gunna supercede those.

Ive never outrun my oem headlights with oem, or zxe silverstar bulbs... and no, most of your tacomas are no faster than mine.. its not like im driving slow... we almost all have the same speed governor unless you have cut the purple wire, but then ur gunna **** out a main bearing due to vvti disactivation and speed sensor errors.
Sometimes we deny we need glasses, are night blind in 1 eye, or need a stronger script.

Just dont make OTHERS on the road pay for your deficit with their lives... an attorney wont even be able to help you if u blind another driver for a split second and cause them to miss a curve, or not see something in the road. You will be held liable 100% at fault because you decided to run illegal hids in a halogen based housing because you have a condition that needs to be treated, or need new headlamps because yours are faded or yellowed.

Depending on your location, people have been known to walk out to their vehicles that have blinded the wrong person on too many occasions and found their light housings shattered all over the ground.

Its your wallet and i assume ur a grown ass adult, so pay no mind to me if u dont want to.

Well said Jangles.
I agree with you 100% brother.
Each to their own, if someone wants to put in HID lights it’s their money.
But IMO it’s dangerous for other drivers. I’m seeing more and more insanely bright HID lights. I’m not an old person with poor night vision and it blinds me/makes it hard to drive. Think of others who don’t have great vision.
In an area with a lot of curvy roads those HID lights are gonna blind a lot of folks unexpectedly and if they don’t cause an accident they’re at least going to piss someone off real bad.

Cameras that record any motion and sound will **** anyone smashing mine!

What projectors did you have?

I had anza projectors and they sucked. Had them for two years and I never liked them. The funny thing is I wear glasses for night driving due to glares. I’ve had HIDs in my trucks for over eight years and never had any problems with the law especially when all the new cop cars have factory hid bulbs with ballasts. Maybe a mad driver here and there flashes me but it’s mostly small cars. I guess next time I get some projectors I’ll put some hid bulbs in them [emoji23]

I had anza projectors and they sucked. Had them for two years and I never liked them. The funny thing is I wear glasses for night driving due to glares. I’ve had HIDs in my trucks for over eight years and never had any problems with the law especially when all the new cop cars have factory hid bulbs with ballasts. Maybe a mad driver here and there flashes me but it’s mostly small cars. I guess next time I get some projectors I’ll put some hid bulbs in them [emoji23]

U had **** optics, get some fxr.
All those stupid blingy bullshit ebay, carid tacomabeast, and spyder type optics are worse than stock. You effectively bought the worst lights on the market, u may not dislike quality projectors.
Expect to build ur own fxr or h1/morimoto mini lights, or pay a few hundred to have someone else make them.

Not sure what u mean about new cop cars having hids with ballasts... you cannot have an hid arc without a ballast... check out the voltage on them upon startup. U cant get the salts and arc energized without a ballast.

I assume u have hid fogs too?

U had **** optics, get some fxr.
All those stupid blingy bullshit ebay, carid tacomabeast, and spyder type optics are worse than stock. You effectively bought the worst lights on the market, u may not dislike quality projectors.
Expect to build ur own fxr or h1/morimoto mini lights, or pay a few hundred to have someone else make them.

Not sure what u mean about new cop cars having hids with ballasts... you cannot have an hid arc without a ballast... check out the voltage on them upon startup. U cant get the salts and arc energized without a ballast.

I assume u have hid fogs too?

Ha I would rather waste money on real parts then build lights. And no my HIDs are so bright I don’t need fogs [emoji23] so don’t get in front of me you might wreck. You must live in a lame state with all the rules on a lifted vehicle to be that sad about people having HIDs

Ha I would rather waste money on real parts then build lights. And no my HIDs are so bright I don’t need fogs [emoji23] so don’t get in front of me you might wreck. You must live in a lame state with all the rules on a lifted vehicle to be that sad about people having HIDs

If they’re done properly and angled correctly it’s not as big an issue. There are OEM HID sets that are tolerable.
Most people that put HID lights in do it improperly and blind everyone on the road.
I don’t like them and think their dangerously bright, but each to their own.
There’s obviously a whole lot of people who like them because I see more and more of them. It’s usually on Not So Fast and Kinda Furious Ricer cars though.

Im not sad, i think yall are idiots who blind others because you have a vision problem.

Back