Hilux engine swap

stx Ryan

So my trucks reaching 240k miles (still running strong) but eventually stuffs gonna go. Toyotas giving me a new frame, and with my sentimental ties to the truck, i plan on keeping it as long as possible. I want to put a hilux diesel engine in it when the motor goes out. I like the idea of more torque and better mpg, and the possibility of running bio diesel. My question is has anyone had any experience with a hilux? I know this will be a little difficult and ill have to do some modifications. Any thoughts?
My trucks a 2005 4.0 sport

So my trucks reaching 240k miles (still running strong) but eventually stuffs gonna go. Toyotas giving me a new frame, and with my sentimental ties to the truck, i plan on keeping it as long as possible. I want to put a hilux diesel engine in it when the motor goes out. I like the idea of more torque and better mpg, and the possibility of running bio diesel. My question is has anyone had any experience with a hilux? I know this will be a little difficult and ill have to do some modifications. Any thoughts?
My trucks a 2005 4.0 sport
No advice but that sounds amazing, youll probably have to rebuild an old hilux motor

Yea ive found used ones that claim to have run when they were taken out. But i wouldn't put it in my truck till it was rebuilt

Back