how big a tire can I go with

I'm picking up my 2014 Tacoma sport double cab next week. It's going straight to the shop for a 3" lift and new wheels and tires, what's the biggest tire I can go with?

Got to 285/70R17's (Goodyear Duratrac's) with 3" OME Suspension. The two small mud flap looking things that were in the front of the front tires I had removed, and did some minor cutting on the regular size front mud flaps. Besides that, I encountered traction control issues with this, so stand by. Ex: Coming off an off ramp from a freeway curving to the left keeping it close to the posted speed, light comes on with the left tire ABS kicking in. Still researching this issue; guess it's common for newer Taco's. Truck looks sick though!!

Got to 285/70R17's (Goodyear Duratrac's) with 3" OME Suspension. The two small mud flap looking things that were in the front of the front tires I had removed, and did some minor cutting on the regular size front mud flaps. Besides that, I encountered traction control issues with this, so stand by. Ex: Coming off an off ramp from a freeway curving to the left keeping it close to the posted speed, light comes on with the left tire ABS kicking in. Still researching this issue; guess it's common for newer Taco's. Truck looks sick though!!
The ABS light coming on, is that a result of the bigger tires, or is this a problem even with the stock tires?

Edited my post: That's VSC coming on due to the lift and larger tires. You should have it reset by the dealer after a lift.

Last edited:
Never had issues stock. It was after the lift and tires. As mentioned, somebody told me to take it to the dealer to get it "reflashed" to get the computer/sensors matched to the tires.

Traction light hasn't came on recently and I haven't done anything.... Perhaps a smartTruck??

I went with a 2 inch lift and VSC goes off when I leave my driveway with a bit of throttle. Beep and lights come on but I have been lazy to take it in. I hate going to the dealer like I hate going to the doctor and the dentist.

Last edited:
An update on my VSC; I'm beginning to think it's due to tire rubbing on the frame. I was parked and had my wheels turned and took a look. I noticed there wasn't much clearance near the corner where the mud flap is, but near the frame. Hence why if I turn into a drive-way too fast I hear/feel the tires rubbing. But no VSC there, only on off/on-ramps.

An update on my VSC; I'm beginning to think it's due to tire rubbing on the frame. I was parked and had my wheels turned and took a look. I noticed there wasn't much clearance near the corner where the mud flap is, but near the frame. Hence why if I turn into a drive-way too fast I hear/feel the tires rubbing. But no VSC there, only on off/on-ramps.
Having the same issue here. I had no rubbing when I first put my lift kit on but now that it's settled I'm having issues with rubbing when turned and hitting a bump. But luckily for me I'll have to do is crank my coils I still have half my threads left.

2014 TRD, Stage 4 Icon Suspension, Toyo 33 A/T, Method Mesh 16inch Wheels, Apex 30" LED light bar

Back