how do i remove the smell of smoke from vents

Onewyr

I just purchased a 98 tacoma and the previous owner smoked like crazy and the smell is over powering to me a non smoker. How do i go about flushing the smoke smell from the a/c / heater system? Also can i clean the headliner without fear of making it sag?

Sometimes you can get a small ozone machine, just plug it in turn your truck on. Let it run for 30 mins. The ozone machine neutralizes the smell.

Basically what it is, it takes the molecules in the air and cleans them, and somehow it takes the oxygen and makes it into the same weight as the ozone layer. We used them for when house caught on fire. After we got done rebuilding and cleaning the house we put those in. A lot of car detailers have them. Askt them. You can rent them

So i found some info online suggested that you can turn the air on and spray Lysol into the intak that is in the grating just under your windshield wipers and that will draw the disinfectant into the duct work. So i tried it and boy does it work. I ran the truck for about 30 minutes spraying lysol every couple minutes. I did this monday night and the smell has been gone till today, now i can smell a hint of the funk again. The info i read online says it may take a couple cans to get the smell to go away for good. so I will spray it again tomorrow.

I'm not so sure that you're gonna have ANY success totally removing the smell of cigarettes from a cloth interior. I have two suggestions for you.

First, an old trick used to remove odors from refrigerators is to get some BBQ briquettes...obviously not the ones that are self lighting, just the plain ones...and two shoe boxes or similar. Fill each box with briquettes, and put one of them in the interior for 24 hours...then take it out and put the other one in for 24 hours...and keep rotating them. While one is absorbing odor, the other is airing out and getting rid of the odors that the briquettes absorbed. Works like a charm in frigs, might work well for you.

And my other suggestion is to start smoking cigars in the vehicle. It works great to get rid of cigarette odor, guaranteed...

Buy an ozone bomb at your local auto parts warehouse, let it sit in the vehicle for 3 days after discharging it than air out vehicle for 12 hours, whalla done

Wedge apples. Leave them in the truck for a week. Should draw some of the smell out

Flannel_Lover 2011 taco 2.7 sclb base model.

I just purchased a 98 tacoma and the previous owner smoked like crazy and the smell is over powering to me a non smoker. How do i go about flushing the smoke smell from the a/c / heater system? Also can i clean the headliner without fear of making it sag?
Burn that Truck,and Buy a NEW TRUCK!!! Non Smoker Truck !!! PS - Insure it first !!!!!!!

charcoal in paper bags front an back on floors and under and behind all seats and under hood and in glove box ,willwork in a week or two!

Back