How many miles a gallon do you get?

In town as low as 12.8mpg going to work. 35mph stop and go for 5.7miles
Road trip going there 15.3 mpg mostly hwy
When I got back from my trip I filled up. 288 miles on 18 gallons 16mpg on mostly hwy.
3" lift, 285/75/16 BFG KO2 A/T, MB TKO -6 offset, bakflip Mx4 tonneau cover, factory cross bars.
Traded my 2007 Tundra crew max limited with a similar set up. I got the Tacoma hoping to get better mpg.
Nope!!View attachment 11372View attachment 11373
How u get so low... i dont even get that gunning it around everywhere..

I think it's the way my transmission holds low gears and high revs. I'm taking it into the dealership this week to hopefully figure it out. Also 285/75 tires and a 3" lift will make a little hit. I don't think it should be that dramatic though.

I think it's the way my transmission holds low gears and high revs. I'm taking it into the dealership this week to hopefully figure it out. Also 285/75 tires and a 3" lift will make a little hit. I don't think it should be that dramatic though.
I wanted to lift 3 inches but now im scared to hearing mpg drops like that. I hit 20 mpg driving up an down mountain highways of virginia. If i was in florida id probaly hit 21-22 mpg

I wanted to lift 3 inches but now im scared to hearing mpg drops like that. I hit 20 mpg driving up an down mountain highways of virginia. If i was in florida id probaly hit 21-22 mpg
I really think I have some other issues going on. Most taco heads with simular set ups are still getting 16-17 in town and 19-20 on hwy. these trucks are "rated" 19city/24hwy stock. I wouldn't worry about it. Love your truck and make it yours. :)

Welcome to the forum. I like Phoenix.

I really think I have some other issues going on. Most taco heads with simular set ups are still getting 16-17 in town and 19-20 on hwy. these trucks are "rated" 19city/24hwy stock. I wouldn't worry about it. Love your truck and make it yours. :)

Welcome to the forum. I like Phoenix.
That is a cool name. Yeah these trucks don't get real good mileage stock. You go raising them and putting on heavier tires it gets worse. I think a future project is getting a two jerry can holder mount for the bed.

That is a cool name. Yeah these trucks don't get real good mileage stock. You go raising them and putting on heavier tires it gets worse. I think a future project is getting a two jerry can holder mount for the bed.
Might make it past the first gas station.

My 2012 V6 prerunner gets about 21.5 if I drive mostly flat roads at avg speed of 45-50 mph and keep my foot out of it somewhat ...

2017 TRD sport 4x4. Last tank was 22mpg on the nose. Mixed driving in Atlanta. One 100 mile highway trip. And one. 60 mile highway trip. The rest commuting to work 14 miles round trip on secondary roads.

Wasn't babying it but I am not a lead foot either. Middle of the road driving style I suppose.

Back in the 90's the trucks were just coming out with on board computers. Coming off the Grapevine it would read 223 MPG.

I am getting 20.5 if on pure highway around 70mph. Around town I am in the 15 range. Stock 2012 V6 4x4 Access cab. I would love to see some of the mileage reported here, but not in my experience....

2017 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 factory tonneau first tank of gas at around 200 miles got 22.9 mpg. Last couple of weeks more mixed driving and getting average 20.4. I've only had it three weeks now, and hope to improve that as I get it more broken in. <g> Haven't had a chance to do any road trips more than maybe 10-15 miles each way on interstate, but hoping for around 24-25 cruising 70-75 mph.

Back