How to disable key fob to prevent stolen codes

JDC

You wake in the morning and look outside. Your truck is gone . How ? Your key fob transmits a code all the time. Criminals outside scan and capture the code. They then program another key fob with you code and steal your truck. To disable your key fob from transmitting a unlock code.
*Hold down on the lock button and then push the unlock button twice. Its now disabled.
* To enable the key fob just it the unlock button.
Works on my 2020 off road

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Just because there was some confusion in a thread on another forum, this is for those trucks with Push to Start, it doesn't apply to SR/SR5 and Manual transmission trucks that have a physical key.

Or just put your keys in a covered tin when you get home
Did not try the tin idea but watched a You Tube on this and they suggested a Faraday pouch to keep the key transmissions from going anywhere. When the fob is in this pouch in the truck I can’t start it.

Mine takes three layers of heavy duty aluminum foil to block the signal. YMMV

On the faraday pouches...there are a lot of bad reviews about them loosing their effectiveness over a short period of use.

I just did it with one little piece of tinfoil. Walked up to it no interior light came on .and would not unlock at the handle pretty cool

Back