How to remove paint on top of clear coat ?

ivangverduzco

When I bought my truck, the previous owner had actually hand painted a long pin stripe decal along the sides of the truck. How can I get that paint off without ruining the tacoma paint and clear coat?

When I bought my truck, the previous owner had actually hand painted a long pin stripe decal along the sides of the truck. How can I get that paint off without ruining the tacoma paint and clear coat?

That sucks. I'd hit up a body shop and ask them. Maybe Google it. If you have good results please share so we know. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

Maybe try a rubbing compound and a buffer along that stripe. You'll have to be extra careful not to stay in one spot too long, you'll burn the clear coat. Just go back and forth until that strip of paint comes off. Then do the rest of the truck and it'll be super shiny!!! Buy lots of buffing pads.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Taco Forum mobile app

Maybe try a rubbing compound and a buffer along that stripe. You'll have to be extra careful not to stay in one spot too long, you'll burn the clear coat. Just go back and forth until that strip of paint comes off. Then do the rest of the truck and it'll be super shiny!!! Buy lots of buffing pads.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Taco Forum mobile app

Try EZdetailer wax. I watched a guy put spray paint on a car door and when it dried he sprayed the wax on and it came off. They sell it on amazon. $40 for 4 can. It has great reviews. I'm picking some up at Costco this weekend. That's where the demo was at.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

I bought this IBIZ detailing wax for like 50 bucks at SAMs club and the guy spray painted the car and wiped it off so I bought it but it didn't work, what he sprayed was a very thin light coat, the paint decal thing on my truck is thick, so idk what else to try, rubbing alcohol did the trick but it took me like 10 minutes to take off a little inch off. Not worth doing the rest of it.

A clay bar and meguires quick detail. And a lot of rubbing. That should take it off. You can also use lacquer thinner in a pinch. But the clay bar is the safest. I detail cars in my spare time.

Back