How were you able to buy a Tacoma

And you'd be tacomaless. Or you'd be paying $600-$800/mo on a $40k truck with zero down.

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno
If you saved $20000 you could afford to pay the $600 a month at 2.49% and take that $20,000 and put it toward your mortgage which is probably 4.% or more. You would save 4% in interest on that $20000 which is probably on $300,000 or more not $40,000. Not only are you paying your house off faster the money you would save in interest is about $15,000 on a 30yr fixed.
Taking $20000 liquid funds and throwing it at a $40000 truck you'll still have a $350 payment on the remaining $20000 and your paying interest on that money.
If you don't have a mortgage that money would be better placed in a vanguard investment account making 3-4% or paying off higher interest loans.
You could buy $20,000 in silver. Which is under $17 an ounce right now.
I don't understand why you would throw liquid funds away at something that depreciates in value what you probably won't keep more than 3 years.
Obviously if you are buying a new Tacoma you're doing ok financially.
It's your money do what you want with it.

If you saved $20000 you could afford to pay the $600 a month at 2.49% and take that $20,000 and put it toward your mortgage which is probably 4.% or more. You would save 4% in interest on that $20000 which is probably on $300,000 or more not $40,000. Not only are you paying your house off faster the money you would save in interest is about $15,000 on a 30yr fixed.
Taking $20000 liquid funds and throwing it at a $40000 truck you'll still have a $350 payment on the remaining $20000 and your paying interest on that money.
If you don't have a mortgage that money would be better placed in a vanguard investment account making 3-4% or paying off higher interest loans.
You could buy $20,000 in silver. Which is under $17 an ounce right now.
I don't understand why you would throw liquid funds away at something that depreciates in value what you probably won't keep more than 3 years.
Obviously if you are buying a new Tacoma you're doing ok financially.
It's your money do what you want with it.
Or just buy a used one, since
Most of them rarely break down, and you'll save heaps on money.

I won't ever sell this truck. I saved it up for this truck. My mortgage is 2.5%, on 225k (I bought my house literally a week before the market recovered in CO just over 5yrs ago). I overpay on both my truck and my house. I'm saving money doing that. I'll have my truck paid off in 2yrs. My son is getting my old truck. My wife just bought a $40k 2017 platinum RAV4. That will be paid if early too. What about you? I'm guessing that my financial situation is probably better than most people, maybe even yours. So.... yeah, I'll just keep ignoring your advice. But thanks anyway.

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno

Last edited:
I won't ever sell this truck. I saved it up for this truck. My mortgage is 2.5%, on 225k (I bought my house literally a week before the market recovered in CO just over 5yrs ago). I overpay on both my truck and my house. I'm saving money doing that. I'll have my truck paid off in 2yrs. My son is getting my old truck. My wife just bought a $40k 2017 platinum RAV4. That will be paid if early too. What about you? I'm guessing that my financial situation is probably better than most people, maybe even yours. So.... yeah, I'll just keep ignoring your advice. But thanks anyway.

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno
You're welcome.
Thanks for sharing your financial situation. Congrats on the home purchase. Keep paying extra and get mortgage free ASAP.
Even on 225k putting 20k on it instead of a new truck would save you almost $10,000 in interest. You'll pay about $3000 in interest on the $40000 truck at 2.5% still saves you $7000. I know that's not a lot of money for someone like you and your financial situation. Something to think about though.
Like I said it's your money do what you want with it.

You're welcome.
Thanks for sharing your financial situation. Congrats on the home purchase. Keep paying extra and get mortgage free ASAP.
Even on 225k putting 20k on it instead of a new truck would save you almost $10,000 in interest. You'll pay about $3000 in interest on the $40000 truck at 2.5% still saves you $7000. I know that's not a lot of money for someone like you and your financial situation. Something to think about though.
Like I said it's your money do what you want with it.

I just want to point out to everyone what an amazingly lucky person I am. It is so rare that most people live their entire lives and never meet that random stranger on the internet that knows how to use their own money better than they do. How lucky am I that I met the stranger that knows what best for me without knowing anything about anything. I think I should go buy a lottery ticket, since the stranger has given me permission to use my money as I see fit.

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno

I just want to point out to everyone what an amazingly lucky person I am. It is so rare that most people live their entire lives and never meet that random stranger on the internet that knows how to use their own money better than they do. How lucky am I that I met the stranger that knows what best for me without knowing anything about anything. I think I should go buy a lottery ticket, since the stranger has given me permission to use my money as I see fit.

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno
Lmao

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno
When you hit the power ball let me know. ;)

People post stuff on here and all over the internet all the time and strangers tell them how they should spend their money. It's not rare but you are amazingly lucky. :D
I said what I said so someone else might benefit from the information.
I could honestly give about four fly farts on how you spend your money. I said what I would do in your situation. It's your money you do what you want with it.
You put your finances on the internet.
It's a forum. Excpect people to reply to what you post. I didn't mean to hurt your financial feelings.
Working at Wally World is a good job.
Doug McMillon made $25.6 million in 2014. This year your chief executive officer (that's a CEO) received a 13% increase from 2015's $19.8 million. total compensation. $22.4 million ($22,400,000)for 2016 fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2017.
Since it's a great company you must have got a 13% increase in salary and a substantial bonus as well.
Between your wife's government job... that we won't talk about and yours it sounds like you've crossed the line into the top 10% of earners in the US. Congratulations and I truly mean that.
I'm happy for anyone who is making a great life for themselves.
One of the many joys of living in a debt based economics system. 99% will always be in debt and 1% will profit on those who consume. (That's sarcasm)
Keep making those extra payments on those loans, we can both agree thats smart and will save money.
IMG_1825.PNG let's get back to Tacoma's...

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno

Wallyworld is crap.
Govt has its drawbcks like furloughs, and if ur in a field that requires it to be staffed 24hrs, u work for free on furlough days and hope u can get those days as vacation pay later, your also threatened with federal min wage when shtf, and states have paid in IOU before.

That said, theres drawbacks everywherr so spend your money as you see fit. No need to justify ****.
Yes ive worked at both and many other places.... ive worked 2 days a month for free, and had friends get state IOUs, the threat of federal min wage is real. Ive also seen walmart checks, walmart practices, and seen some chitty things behind the scenes.
Ive also seen really really clean cars like supras and m5s owned by mcdunks workers. **** ive seen welfare recipients driving newer cars than alot of people.

Wal-Mart DCs are fantastic places to work. The one in northern Colorado starts at $17+/hr. You get .50 raises every couple of months until max out (2 1/2yrs) at just over $20/hr. 10% discount card, insurance that is better than any Obamacare bullshit, bonuses and incentives. The average vested employee at Walmart DCs when you include money saved with the discount card and bonuses, makes roughly $50k/yr.

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno

Wal-Mart DCs are fantastic places to work. The one in northern Colorado starts at $17+/hr. You get .50 raises every couple of months until max out (2 1/2yrs) at just over $20/hr. 10% discount card, insurance that is better than any Obamacare bullshit, bonuses and incentives. The average vested employee at Walmart DCs when you include money saved with the discount card and bonuses, makes roughly $50k/yr.

16' TRD OR DCLB Inferno
Not sure how a discount card relates to income.
I never seen govt discounts included with my stubs included as income

I have a Costco and Bimart membership does that count?
Costco is dangerous, but they saved us a few grand on the camry. Otherwise i cant seem to leave that place without spending $300 on just essentials for 2 people.
Now if i see **** i want, then it can be much higher. Their tv warranties are great, and their return policy on anything has been stellar so far for me.

Costco is dangerous, but they saved us a few grand on the camry. Otherwise i cant seem to leave that place without spending $300 on just essentials for 2 people.
Now if i see **** i want, then it can be much higher. Their tv warranties are great, and their return policy on anything has been stellar so far for me.
I call it the hundred dollar store.

40 grand for a Tacoma? I think the max would be like 34,000 no? I think the payment would be anywhere from 400-600 they most people qualify for 0% interest nowadays! 20k is a ton of money to put down. I would cry if I had to put that down. I bought a used one with low miles cause I like the 4.0 and the payment for the new one I wanted was 460 a month. I pay way less now being used and going through the credit union! Either way a Tacoma holds the value perefectly. You can probably sell for 20k years down the road if you wanted that back!

Back