How were you able to buy a Tacoma

You can modify the exterior and the engine if its a toyota manufacturer upgrade all you want on a lease and like I said leasing is a win win if you have a job like me (truck driver) and you can refinance it whenever you want. If you finance the truck, you still don't own it, the bank does. If you want a vehicle just for the weekends, leasings not bad either, its all preference.

You can modify the exterior and the engine if its a toyota manufacturer upgrade all you want on a lease and like I said leasing is a win win if you have a job like me (truck driver) and you can refinance it whenever you want. If you finance the truck, you still don't own it, the bank does. If you want a vehicle just for the weekends, leasings not bad either, its all preference.

When I say modding, I mean after markets parts. Only thing that's badass that Toyota makes for upgrades is the TRD supercharger or the TRD PRO suspension. And that **** is ridiculously overpriced. Hence why I'd rather own. My truck. My choice! Toyota can suck a fat one, I do what I want with my truck lol!

Anybody can own a Tacoma as long as your working and pay your bills on time you shouldn’t have any problems. My first Taco I stocked shelves at a drug store.

Actually a lease isn't a bad idea considering the way Tacomas hold resale.-->>If you plan to sell it privately at the end of the lease period.<<. Pay off the residual then sell for market. Assuming a fair residual you'll end up with a nice chunk of change particularly if you have low miles.

If you plan to keep it after the lease period you'll need to come up with a bunch of cash or refinance it. Which means you paid interest/money factor on the lease then on the refinancing.

Watch your Cap Cost on the lease though!

Leasing can be a good option if you like new vehicles every 2 years and like paying 10% down every 2 years and always making payments. You put the initial payment down at 10% that’s going to be between $3000-3800 depending on the make model and features. Even the low end of that is going to add $125 a month for the 2yr lease agreement you’re just paying that up front not month to month. Add that to your $350 a month you’re up to $475 a month for the 24 month lease. The higher end is $160 for the 24 months now you’re up to $510 a month.

Paid mine off 12 years ago. Wow, they are expensive now. I'll probably just buy a used one in another 10 years.

Reactions: 4wd
Paid mine off 12 years ago. Wow, they are expensive now. I'll probably just buy a used one in another 10 years.

Ya know, when I bought my 2000 TRD in 2009 , I paid $11k , cash, out the door with 75k of easy miles on the odometer, I mean this truck was clean.... Fast forward to just a little over a year ago when I was looking again I saw that trucks the same year (2000) were going for $9k-$10k (2016) I thought DAAAYUMM !! Talk about holding a resale value....crazy...

I'm an iron worker welder and a foreman. I also use my truck for work and my company pays me a truck allowance to carry my tools around. A lot of my job sites are off road.

Leasing can be a good option if you like new vehicles every 2 years and like paying 10% down every 2 years and always making payments. You put the initial payment down at 10% that’s going to be between $3000-3800 depending on the make model and features. Even the low end of that is going to add $125 a month for the 2yr lease agreement you’re just paying that up front not month to month. Add that to your $350 a month you’re up to $475 a month for the 24 month lease. The higher end is $160 for the 24 months now you’re up to $510 a month.
I did 0% down cause I had to pay off my old loan which caused the payments to be 580$ a month for 35 months with 18500 due at the end. I should've never bought a scion xb at the time. I should be ahead knowing it will only have around 15k miles on the tacoma. I probably will keep it for another 5 years after.

The sheet metal union paid for my first two Tacomas. Refurbishing medical equipment paid for the 3rd, my wife surprised me with the new one.

Back