I am baffled as to how all these young bucks can afford these bad azz trucks!

Jakuzzi

I myself am 35 years old and make 60k/year and I can not afford to do any of these 6-8" lifts with 35" tires. Yet I see on Instagram , all these guys 19-25 years old with these crazy bad azz expensive builds! I'm like WTF lol.

I myself am 35 years old and make 60k/year and I can not afford to do any of these 6-8" lifts with 35" tires. Yet I see on Instagram , all these guys 19-25 years old with these crazy bad azz expensive builds! I'm like WTF lol.
Makes you wonder. Just because they have these trucks doesn't mean they can afford them. Or maybe it's mommy and daddy's money lol

I was having both those notions also but still. If someone reading this thread is in the bracket I spoke of, let us all know your "secret" Lol.

I also know a lot do work hard and all but I am also like, what the hell do you do for work and make that much money so young. Hook me up with a job! Ha

60k a year isn't bad money? In surprised you cant afford a lift? Where do you live? Is it expensive? And do you have a wife or kids? Generally a single man who makes 60k a year has a lot of money. I know people who make 35k a year in San Diego and they're single but have sweet rides. And it's not cheap to live down here. I pay 1500 in just rent a month just to live here and I'm 20 years old. Mommy daddy didn't buy my Tacoma, I made a good deal with my uncle and got it off him.

Ps I have 2 jobs while I'm in school and it sucks :/

Last edited:
I'm 27. Have a pretty good job. Make payments on my truck, and have a small lift. I guess it depends on what people want to spend their money on... I recently bought a house so for the past 6 months that's where all of my extra money goes. Maybe next year sometime I will put some money into my truck

Mommy daddy didn't buy my Tacoma, I made a good deal with my uncle and got it off him.

I'm not dissing anyone whose parents pay for their truck and lift. Just saying a lot of the time that is the case

I'm 27. Have a pretty good job. Make payments on my truck, and have a small lift. I guess it depends on what people want to spend their money on... I recently bought a house so for the past 6 months that's where all of my extra money goes. Maybe next year sometime I will put some money into my truck
Ooh ok that makes way more sense, mortgage payments are a bitch, especially if you live in California, I thought my rent was bad till I saw my dads mortgage payments. It's ridiculous to live down here but the weather is nice lol. And I respect that you already have a house at 26 years old my goal is get a house maybe in my 30's lol, tbh I'm jealous!

Nah. Most that I see are mom and dad. I personally know of 2 fully built (like $50K into them) Tacomas that were sponsored by MommyDaddy Inc.
In a lot of cases you're correct. But you have to acknowledge some of the youngsters that work their asses of to buy tacos.

In a lot of cases you're correct. But you have to acknowledge some of the youngsters that work their asses of to buy tacos.

Most don't though. What kind of job can you have at 16 or 17 that can get you a brand new $30K Tacoma with a lift and tires? Fast food doesn't pay and neither does the local AMC.

Most don't though. What kind of job can you have at 16 or 17 that can get you a brand new $30K Tacoma with a lift and tires? Fast food doesn't pay and neither does the local AMC.
Well in my case when I was in high school I saved up 7k after 2 years of work (I had no bills at the time) and my uncle had a Trd sport taco he wanted to sell so he sold it to me for 7k. Not a bad deal. But in some cases youngsters save a lot of money and buy them used off Craigslist etc.

Ooh ok that makes way more sense, mortgage payments are a bitch, especially if you live in California, I thought my rent was bad till I saw my dads mortgage payments. It's ridiculous to live down here but the weather is nice lol. And I respect that you already have a house at 26 years old my goal is get a house maybe in my 30's lol, tbh I'm jealous!
I live in sw Virginia in the sticks. Cost of living is very low especially compared to California. Mortgage payment isn't terrible it was the down payment that sucked!

Well in my case when I was in high school I saved up 7k after 2 years of work (I had no bills at the time) and my uncle had a Trd sport taco he wanted to sell so he sold it to me for 7k. Not a bad deal. But in some cases youngsters save a lot of money and buy them used of Craigslist etc.

I'm talking about new though. Still the lift and tires aren't cheap.

60k a year isn't bad money? In surprised you cant afford a lift? Where do you live? Is it expensive? And do you have a wife or kids? Generally a single man who makes 60k a year has a lot of money. I know people who make 35k a year in San Diego and they're single but have sweet rides. And it's not cheap to live down here. I pay 1500 in just rent a month just to live here and I'm 20 years old. Mommy daddy didn't buy my Tacoma, I made a good deal with my uncle and got it off him.

I live in Downtown Sacramento California. I made a typo on the money I make, it's really 50k not 60. Oops. My rent is $1,300 and am single no kids. I could probably afford a lift and tires if I wasn't out spending all my money chasing women and was living on Top Ramen noodles haha. I also like my credit card debt just the way it is, ZERO!

I'm talking about ones that have newer ones and definitely have a hefty payment and still can afford it. My payment is $500/month for mine. I don't have much leeway with my payment and my $1300 for rent, $300 for gas. And I still have to eat.

Back