I will never trust cops again

MGMTacoLover

A long story short is my dad got a 520 dollar ticket from a trap some state cops set up to ticket people! So since the cop was a complete jerk I honestly just will never trust them nor would I help one under any circumstances

So cops suck because your dad fell for their trap? Some cops do let their authority get to their head but they serve their purpose.

I wouldn't be a cop these days for any amount of money.

These days the police do what they canto generate revenue on the county, local and state level. It is the world we live in.

Had a Ohio state patrol come to work one day to talk to CDL drivers about a new program here in Ohio. They are looking for human and drug traffickers to the point he said the OHP has gone from 60-40% traffic-criminal in 2007 to 75-25% criminal-traffic operations currently.

First off what kind of trap? Some traps are illegal others aren't. There have been instances where they have put up fake speed signs that change immediately to a much lower speed in an inconvenient area.

I feel Traffic cops are more of a nuisance than a public service in most cases. Their other duties you have to hand it to them.

These days the police do what they canto generate revenue on the county, local and state level. It is the world we live in.

The denied monthly quota system.....that's why you never see a cop taking radar most days of a month but then 1 day a month you see them out in force 1 taking radar and 3 or 4 a block away waiting to pull you over.

Time to show up to court and dispute it.

The percentages are on your side to have the case dropped when showing up for court unless it was a crooked or slightly crooked operation they were running. Then the officers would show up because they know people will show for the court date.

Just because a citizen does not know the law or a law doesn't mean he/she cannot be convicted of it.

We once again, voted to not fund our local Sheriff Dept in So Oregon.. It would have raised my property taxes about $600 a year and for what? No lemon donuts at the local shop when I get there and on the slight, ever so slight chance that we have ever needed to call 911 in the past, they never showed up anyway... Rant off

A long story short is my dad got a 520 dollar ticket from a trap some state cops set up to ticket people! So since the cop was a complete jerk I honestly just will never trust them nor would I help one under any circumstances

I'm glad my wife isn't a lieutenant in your neck of the woods. I suppose if she was getting beat down on the side of the road, you'd just drive right on by. That 520 dollar ticket your dad got for speeding might cover that officers gas for a couple of weeks. Law enforcement agencies have to operate on a shoe string budget in the first place. That same jerk cop that ticketed your dad will be the same jerk cop that risks his life to pull your dad from his burning car when his speeding causes an accident.

It was not for speeding it was some stupid revised law for not getting over for a cop when they had somebody pulled over but it was a setiup

We have that law here as well, if a cop has someone pulled over you are to get over to the next lane, now when it is wall to wall traffic are we just suppose to crash into the person next to you so not to break that law?

It was never announced here that a law like that was passed, I happened to stop at a rest area and saw a small square on the State map they had displayed where it was mentioned. And just how do you do that....get over to the next lane on a 2 way street?
I remember once I was being pulled over on the inside lane of a 4 lane street no median and couldn't get over so stopped right where I was. Cop got out ran up and said he made a mistake I was free to go. :laughing:

I'm glad my wife isn't a lieutenant in your neck of the woods. I suppose if she was getting beat down on the side of the road, you'd just drive right on by. That 520 dollar ticket your dad got for speeding might cover that officers gas for a couple of weeks. Law enforcement agencies have to operate on a shoe string budget in the first place. That same jerk cop that ticketed your dad will be the same jerk cop that risks his life to pull your dad from his burning car when his speeding causes an accident.

Oh you think I wouldn't save a cop well duh I would I just don't trust them there is a huge difference between trusting somebody and giving help to them

Its a pretty common law I would think. In WI, it's the same thing, if an officer is on the shoulder with it's emergency lights on, drivers must change into the next lane(if it's a 4 lane hwy or more, not a 2 lane). If there is absolutely no way to change lanes, you have to slow down when passing that police cruiser. The law is put in place to protect the driver and occupants that are on the side of the road, including the officer.

Even though its a law, a surprising number of people just dont know about it or are too stubborn to follow it. Sometimes you dont find out of these laws until you break them.

Last edited:
Its a pretty common law I would think. In WI, it's the same thing, if an officer is on the shoulder with it's emergency lights on, drivers must change into the next lane(if it's a 4 lane hwy or more, not a 2 lane). If there is absolutely no way to change lanes, you have to slow down when passing that police cruiser. The law is put in place to protect the driver and occupants that are on the side of the road, including the officer.

Even though its a law, a surprising number of people just dont know about it or are too stubborn to follow it. Sometimes you dont find out of these laws until you break them.

Don't get me wrong, I for one would not want to hit anyone pulled over on the side of the road be it someone changing a flat, traffic stop whatever, but when they pass a new law they should advertise it so people will know. It's common sense that if your passing someone that is pulled off to the side that you either get over a lane or slow down when passing them.

Then again I see lots of people that refuse to stop when a school bus has it's red lights flashing. And then there are the people that continue to drive on suspended/revoked/no licenses. In a big city chances of them being caught are low unless they do something to be caught.

I'm not even going to rant on those that get insurance coverage for a month to get tags and then let it lapse.

It is just stupid when police use laws that few people know about to set up a trap for people and the sad part was when we were pulled over 20 people broke that law and they didn't do crap

Funny some of you guys say that about minor traffic violations. Us donut eaters don't know weather or not were going home that night, while u sleep worrying about a ticket that you didn't even get. (3 LAPD officers shot day before yesturday)

Yes some cops r dicks. But maybe its because we deal with dickheads all day and were tired of hearing about who pays our salary. All of you talking that bull couldn't walk a day in our shoes. Nor do you have the nuts.

20 years south central and compton

Back