Identifing my stereo?

Effen

I'm looking at replacing my factory stereo with aftermarket that has blue tooth. Stereo shop asked me if it was the JBL system. How do I tell, there are no markings on speakers.

I'm looking at replacing my factory stereo with aftermarket that has blue tooth. Stereo shop asked me if it was the JBL system. How do I tell, there are no markings on speakers.
It will say JBL on the top right. Plus if you have a sub you have JBL.

Thanks Demo Man. It's not a JBL. Is it straight forward swap or is it pretty detailed to change out?

Thanks Demo Man. It's not a JBL. Is it straight forward swap or is it pretty detailed to change out?
Pretty much a straight swap. I think you might need an adapter for steering where controls and bluetooth mic. Depending on the year you have. Best Buy it Crutchfield is your best bet. Good luck. Post pics when your done.

Crutchfield has everything for installation including steering wheel control adapter. Just deciding which radio.

Do you think that the JBL head unit is ok to keep if i get rid of all the JBL stuff out and start over?

Crutchfield can guide you to something that is close to direct replacement and they have kits for doing swaps.

Crutchfield is the most expedient path. They have all the guides and parts to aid with disassembly and install.

You don't need to piece together a bunch of different pieces from different vendors hoping everything will fit, work and be delivered together.

Good Luck

Back