I'm getting horrible mpg on my 06 4.0 Prerunner

TacoBOB77

So ever since I put the 285's on 17" wheels and the 3" lift and 1.25" spacers I get bad mpg to the point where I don't want my Tacoma as a daily driver does anyone know how I could improve this I'm possitive I'm getting 15 or less mpg even on highway I used to get about 250 miles on a full tank now it's a full tank plus 3 quarters of a tank to do the same milage not sure what's going on here or it's normal but I'm tired of spending so much time at the pump any input would help thanks guys[emoji111]️

So ever since I put the 285's on 17" wheels and the 3" lift and 1.25" spacers I get bad mpg to the point where I don't want my Tacoma as a daily driver does anyone know how I could improve this I'm possitive I'm getting 15 or less mpg even on highway I used to get about 250 miles on a full tank now it's a full tank plus 3 quarters of a tank to do the same milage not sure what's going on here or it's normal but I'm tired of spending so much time at the pump any input would help thanks guys[emoji111]️
well, u shot urself in the foot....plus winter gas
dump excess weight, run higher psi (within reason), dont use load range E tires unless you need them, drive slower.

change sparkplugs?
run synthetic oil?

change rear diff fluid for synthetic?

DONT run your tank so low very often.

Run the lowest octane you can to save money

well, u shot urself in the foot....plus winter gas
dump excess weight, run higher psi (within reason), dont use load range E tires unless you need them, drive slower.

change sparkplugs?
run synthetic oil?

change rear diff fluid for synthetic?

DONT run your tank so low very often.

Run the lowest octane you can to save money
I did change the spark plugs to ngk and also changed the diff fluid since I have a new rear end and toyo At tire and before I had 265/70/16 now the 285/70/17

BTW, your prerunner should have been able to pull off 320 miles per tank before and just barely have the light come on.

maybe your 02 sensors are going out, or worse the cats?
clean your MAF sensor too
I will clean the sensor my gas meter is not working I track the milage with my trip odometer when I fill the tank pump stops at 3 quarters

Back