I'm getting horrible mpg on my 06 4.0 Prerunner

Load range E what would be a good tire pressure for tire on the street? And offroad?
thats personal preference and based on trucks weight, and your comfort.

your mileage is suffering due in part to the size, and alot due to running an E rated tire.
A standard passenger load is more than a tacoma needs. C range are overkill in aspects of weight the tire can support vs a lil tacoma can carry.

Google chalk line tire test for best result baseline and adjust toy ur comfort within safety.

The lift isnt gunna do much in terms of mpg........I went up 2" and no changes........another inch wont do shiz. You need to cut rotational mass

an E is good for sharp rocky areas........ otherwise, i guess u could brag about how heavy your tires are.

Yep @Bojangles is right the load E is what’s killing the mpg. I put them on my 2017 and the mpg was 12-13 in town and 15-16 hwy. truck was rated 19/24. Only way I could get 24 mpg was going off the mountain from 7k feet to sea level. Haha.
You could re gear. 4:88 would work well.
I would rather run something for prerunning so it can be friendly on dirt and road..so I have heavy duty tire that's eating my mpg's I suppose that was my first AT tire ever purchased Wich I have been hooning lately trying to kill the tires to try something new any ideas on what a good tire is for prerunners?

I would rather run something for prerunning so it can be friendly on dirt and road..so I have heavy duty tire that's eating my mpg's I suppose that was my first AT tire ever purchased Wich I have been hooning lately trying to kill the tires to try something new any ideas on what a good tire is for prerunners?

If u want to prerun..... Stick to load range E and extended travel suspension atleast
Ur ****ed on mpg if u want a tire that's gunna deal with sharp terrain.

Either get 2 sets of rims, one with light tires and another with tough sidewalls and chunk resistance, or deal with gas prices.

Honestly that's the bottom line.

Knights way back in history wore steel and ****... It was heavy and clunky but served a purpose the best they knew how.
Welcome to the jungle.

If u want to prerun..... Stick to load range E and extended travel suspension atleast
Ur ****ed on mpg if u want a tire that's gunna deal with sharp terrain.

Either get 2 sets of rims, one with light tires and another with tough sidewalls and chunk resistance, or deal with gas prices.

Honestly that's the bottom line.

Knights way back in history wore steel and ****... It was heavy and clunky but served a purpose the best they knew how.
Welcome to the jungle.
That's a great analogy I see the point here I have already been looking for a different tire and wheel package thank you[emoji108]

Back