Impact driver

Not I. I'd think hand tools would be more usable. You could carry more for the same weight as the air compressor. Plus, you won't have the burden on the truck systems with hand tools.

What parts would you carry for the repair???? Chances are any break-down would require parts you don't have onboard. So, what parts should you carry????

Question was for a friend with an early forerunner. Has dad some injuries so was interested in having one on board while hunting in the boondocks

Outside of the spare tire and jack assembly that came with the truck, i carry a roll of electrical tape, and an xcelite tool kit. I never needed any tools due to a toyota truck failure since i've been driving these trucks since 1978. The xcelite tool kit, and tape comes in handy for other jobs i may run into.

Question was for a friend with an early forerunner. Has dad some injuries so was interested in having one on board while hunting in the boondocks
Does your friend have breakdowns in his normal daily driving? The truck doesn't know where its at..... Not like the truck will save breakdowns for the boondocks.

The best defense against breakdowns is maintenance. Keep up with it. If its close to a service interval, no harm in doing the service early. Problems arise when the service intervals are skipped or delayed.

There is no way to predict a flat tire or a breakdown or to prevent them 100%. All you can do is to minimize the risk.

I have a small 1 gallon tank and small compressor for my leveler kit. It isn't anywhere near enough to run any kind of tools. I do carry some of my DeWalt cordless tools with me when I go out in the woods. My compressor is not powerful enough to fill my tires from 12 or 16 PSI back to normal pressure. It takes double the time that my cordless tire pump. If you want to have air tools when you are out and about, you will need a sizable compressor system.

I carry cordless impact gun with charger and a few extra batteries. Mainly for a tire change on the side of the road.

Back